chapter eight

I was so nervous. Was I going to lose my hair? Was I going to have to wear a wig? How soon would I be able to go out in public again? I was lost in thought when we stopped driving and pulled up to a parking lot in front of a ginormous building.

When we got inside, there were a few people at the front desk and a few people waiting in the lobby. We walked up to a girl at the front desk. She looked at me for a good two minutes.

Then she looked at my mom and said, "Now who might this be?"

"This is Bethany Floyd. She should be in the system with Dr. Neigel at Hadia Ashraf Medical Office," my mom said to the lady.

I wanted to say: I'm Bethany Floyd. And I'm not five years old, thank you very much. But, of course, I didn't. Mom would get mad at me.

"Let me see," she started typing something on the computer in front of her. "Yes, Bethany Karen Floyd?"

"Yes, that's her."

"It says here that you've recently been diagnosed with lung cancer."

"Yes, she has."

Yeah. I have been. Thanks for pointing it out.

"I'm very sorry to hear that." she told me.

"Go down that hallway," she pointed to the left, "and room 13 will be on your left."

"Thank you very much."

Great. Room 13. Everyone knows that's an unlucky number.

~~~~~~~~~~

oof. rOom tHirTEen?! wtHECK was i thinking. hope you enjoyed. :)