Ch. 8: Jack, are you ok?

Now that Mark and Amy had the opportunity to get each other's stories and some answers, they regrouped with the others to plan out their next move in regards to taking down Wilford Warfstache and getting their friends back. They re-entered the room where Jack, Kathryn, Bob and Wade were chatting amongst themselves while the detective was now safely tied up. "Hey, everything good?" Jack met the two as they walked up.

"Yea" Mark nodded with a smile. "Sorry about all that" he gestured back to the detective.

"It's fine, probably would've been the same way" he assured. "So...." he turned his attention to Amy.

"Uh, she's-"

"I'm an alien" Amy cut him off, already feeling comfortable enough to clue these guys in. Jack gave her a shocked and very questioning look.

"Yea, it's true" Kathryn nodded, knowing Amy was going to tell them.

Jack glanced between the two ladies with his previous expression growing more and more. "Wait, like a..."

"Like an actual space alien, yes" she giggled.

"Wait, um" Bob chimed in. "What's going on here?"

"We'll...explain later" Mark awkwardly waved it off. "For now, we need to know what we're gonna do next" he noted.

"Right" Kathy clapped her hands. "Well the photos me and Amy took, along with some of the other stuff we gathered, are pretty compelling enough to shine some light on Warfstache" she stated. "However, getting these out there without getting ourselves killed is another story"

"Is there any way we can?" Jack asked.

"I may know someone who can help us out" she nodded. "It's a bit of a long shot, but it may get us somewhere"

"What about the detective?" Wade asked, the others glancing at the man who was sitting in his chair, wrapped up in Jack's webbing.

"Yea, what we're doing is considered an offence" Bob stated, being the one who went to law school, he knew these sorta things.

"Well, technically we didn't kidnap him, we're keeping him safe and once we expose the Colonel and let everyone know that he caused what happened to him and the manor, he'll be discredited and arrested, so it won't matter" Mark stated. "So I guess we could let him go with no worries"

"Except one" Jack countered. "He may not even be alive by that time"

"I know, that's why I was also gonna say we should hold that off until we've made some progress" he added.

"Alright, I think that'll work" Bob agreed.

"I agree" wade followed.

"Same here" Jack stated.

"Me too" Amy also.

"Ok, I'll go ahead and get in touch with him and see what happens" Kathryn stated.

"Alright, in the meantime, I think all we can do now is just wait it out and watch over Abe and each other" Mark stated.

"Yea and I think you guys should get as much rest as you can" wade noted. "You four have had a longer past few days then we have"

"Isn't that the truth" Jack laughed.

"Yea and it's not over yet, we should get some sleep while we have the chance" Mark stated.

"We may not get anywhere until tomorrow, so you three are good for now" Kathy informed.

"Sounds good" Mark nodded. "Let us know as soon as you hear something"