five

cami's pov

daniel motioned me to behind a bush so i followed him, and we hid behind the bush. together.

"they shouldn't find us here." daniel tells me while looking out of the bush nonchalantly.

"oh good." i say ringing the cold drops of water out of my shirt and watching as the water drops fall and refresh the grass below me

"uhh here give me your hand, you know, just in case we have to, you know, run?" he picks up my hand and softly squeezes it.

"ah okay that makes sense..i guess."

smart move seavey.

daniel's pov

her hand is so warm. is that weird? whatever. i can't believe my planned worked though. wow i hope she likes me back. AH daniel, too soon! this is hard. i should make a move soon.

after about ten minutes of waiting, we hear zach say,

"yo, i think we should go inside. we can't find them anywhere."

just then, we heard the door open, and close.

we were alone.

"i think they're gone." cami whispers.

"yeah probably."

make your move. come on daniel.

"hey, im gonna go inside and take a shower. i'll hang with you and the rest later?" she stands up.

"oh...yeah see ya."

see ya? what is wrong with me.

cami's pov

i walk inside the house when i feel someone's arm touch my shoulder.

"hey-"

"AH - oh my gosh you scared me!!"

"ha oops oh well."

"zachary dean herron i swear. if you do that to me ever again..."

"nah i won't." he cuts me off.

"something tells me not to believe you but whatever." i start walking towards the linen closet to get a towel when zach yells

"wAIT cami i need to talk to you."

"im soaked."

"just for a second? please."

"k fine. make it quick herron." we walk towards my room.
i sit on my bed while he stands and paces back and forth.

"so you know jack."

"noo zach i don't. who's that?" i say sarcastically.

"jack robert avery? wait. yiu were being sarcastic. whatever. anyway, he was talking about a girl. he said 'if corbyn found out that i have feelings for her, he would freak out.' so i've come to the conclusion that.."

zach whispers "jack likes christina!"

"woah."

"yeah, i know! how could he like his best friend's girlfriend? that's just messed up!"

"oh my gosh. we can't tell corbyn. or christina."

"yeah i agree. YOU don't tell ANYONE."

"i won't!!" i put my hands up for surrender as a joke.

"hey um, can i take a shower now?"

"oh, yeah go ahead." then zach leaves the room to play fortnite with corbyn.

christina is my best friend. i know she would never ever like jack. her and corbyn are going to get married! we can't let jack know that though. he'd be crushed.

aww poor jack. too bad his crush isn't single.

_______________________________

a/n: i kinda can't wait to continue this story. i hope everyone is enjoying this story! :)