The Blind Banker part 1: Exit Wound

"May I meet the rest of the children?" Sherlock asked. Clara nodded, not knowing how exactly that was going to help him find her beloved son.

"Follow." she said, beckoning them forward, down the stairs. John was slightly shocked by some of the very expensive things he saw, including the very real blue Faberge egg on the table in the entrence hall. She took a right turn into the parlour, and Sherlock found all four members of the Evangeline family sitting on the couch. A woman in a tailored gray blazer, pencil skirt, and black laquered heels stood in the corner. A maid stood with her, along with the butler, judging by the uniform.

"Mr. Holmes-"

"Sherlock."

"Alright then, Sherlock, these are my daughters, Mary-Kate, Karen, Katherine, and Julie." she said, motioning each girl in turn. "The woman in the grey is Susan, and the other two are my staff, Herbert and Eloise. Girls, this is Mr. Sherlock Holmes and His partner, Dr. John Watson."

"Is it true?" Mary-Kate asked, the first time she had spoken above a whisper in over a month. "Is Ryan missing?" Clara hesitated for a moment, which was enough time for Sherlock to reply for her.

"Yes." Mary glared at the floor, and allowed her dark make up to be smudged by a single tear. Sherlock rolled his eyes at the display of emotion. The youngest girl's little blue eyes flicked up at him through her light brown bangs.

"Who's Redbeard, Mr. Holmes?" she asked politely. Sherlock stiffened visibly; no one knew about that...

"How do you-"

"I saw it." she said. "I saw it on his doggie tag. He's running around you right now, the great, shaggy thing." Sherlock's eyes steeled, and he held his breath. She couldn't know. She was only six years old. How could she have known? She couldn't have known. Nobody knew.

"I'm going to go back to Baker Street and wait for the results of the finger printing." Sherlock said in a strangled sort of tone. "Nothing else to find here."

"I'll escort you out." The heiress said, ushering the two out of the room. Sherlock was silent as she walked them out.

"I'm sorry, Sherlock, if my youngest brought something painful up. Julie doesnt have boundries yet. She's only six." He turned around accusingly.

"How does she-"

"I told you. She's a psychic." Sherlock looked away skepticly. "You may not believe in them, Mr. Holmes, but how else would you explain what just happened in the parlour?" He opened his mouth, and then shut it. She handed both Sherlock and John a buisness card. "Call me when you find something, please. And involve me in the investigation as much as you can. I want to help you find out who took my son."

"Of course." he replied, shaking her hand. John did the same, and Clara covertly slipped him a twenty pound note, winking. He grinned back at her.

"For the mobile phone bill." she said. His brows furrowed, and she shrugged. "I noticed the pile of bills on the end table." His eyes widened considerably, and he thanked her before following Sherlock out.

"Do you think he'll be able to find Ry?" Susan asked from the doorway. Clara stared after the detective, feeling strangely confident.

"No, I know he will."

~.~.~

Several weeks later, Sherlock finally got the results he needed from the fingerprints. Lestrade had to run them on the sly, and it had taken much longer than usual. He pulled out his phone and sent a text to Clara.

Bakers Street. Come at once if convenient.

-SH

Within seconds, a reply came in. Much quicker than John, he noted.