Day 12

30 Days with Fina by JellOfAllTrades
Chapter 12

I opened my eyes to the ceiling of my plain sky blue room. Sunlight is pouring from the partly opened blinds so I knew by the angle that it must be almost noon. I sat up from the bed and immediately held my head.

"Damn."

When you're used to the alcohol, your alcohol tolerance heightens, and since I'm a party goer in Manila, my tolerance is unbelievably high. But last night, apparently, I managed to get hold of more than twenty beer bottles to get me this kind of pounding hangover. 

Rubbing my eyes, I looked at myself in the mirror and was surprised that it turned around, facing the wall.

"What the--?"

I don't remember turning it around last night...But then again, I don't remember most of what happened last night. I had way too much fun with the drinks.

Thinking about turning it back around to get a look of myself, I stood up and stepped on a basin of cold water. A wet looking cloth by its side. I shook the water off my feet and took a step away from it.

A memory of last night flashed into my head. The cold black sky speckled with stars, the quarter moon, the crashing of waves into the seawall, the distant murmur of workers in the dock, and a faint call of my name.

"What the hell happened last night?"

Decided that somebody else has been to my room, I looked around and found that my blouse from last night is carefully swung on the back of the chair of the study table in one corner of the room and that the shoes I'm wearing last night are neatly placed beside the door. On the bed, on top of the duvet, by the end is one of my t-shirts, still folded and unused. It must have been taken out for me to use as a change.

I looked down on myself and saw that I'm still wearing the same tank top, pants, and socks from last night. Although my watch, bracelets, and rings have been removed and are now placed by the bedside table, along with my cellphone and wallet.

Seeing my slick black cellphone, another memory from last night flashed into my head. I was typing a text message to someone but I don't remember what was in the message or who did I sent it to. Deciding that I want to know, I grabbed my phone and looked at my sent messages.

Jellane (Sent 1:49am):
Fina, wer r u?

"Oh fuck." 

I checked the call logs and found that I called Fina several times last night, only getting her to answer the last one after I sent the text message.

Stripping the socks off my feet and throwing them to the bed, I left the room and looked for my brothers and cousins.

I found Kuya Ken having coffee in the dining area.

"Kuya!"

"Oh, gising ka na pala. Magkape ka muna, lasing na lasing ka kagabi." He offered.

"Pano ako nakauwi kagabi?" I asked, hurriedly.

"Ewan ko sayo."

"Anong ewan?"

"Umalis ka, sabi mo may tatawagan ka lang sa labas tapos di ka na nagpakita ulit. Nung sinundo kami ni Dad ng 2:30 sabi nya nakauwi ka na daw."

"Asan si daddy?" I asked.

"Nasa garden."

I ran outside to the garden and found dad sitting on the wooden garden bench with mom, both of them are deep in conversation while holding glasses of cold orange juice.