Chapter 3: Diaries

,, I was still watching her as she carefully sat on an empty table at the corner of the school cafeteria. Her hair looked exactly as I remember. Long, sleek, red - strawberry red. She wouldn't notice me, if I came closer. She was having her headphones on, while reading the final chapter of a book.  Wasn't it "Worst case scenario" by Sophie Lavender? Sophie Lavender... seriously? Anyway... I wouldn't risk coming closer. In case she'd recognise me. And that would destroy my plan. I need to hurry. I've waited long enough, Alice... "

-This afternoon-

   Alice leaned forward, while shaking her head. No - it was stupid. She aggressively threw her pink old diary across the room. As it landed on the floor, it looked even more battered and damaged, than it already was.

   Why would she open it? Why did she want to open it. Read any of these pages full if old memories. She wanted to forget. But she also couldn't keep herself from trying to understand.

   28.12.2014

13:54
,, I just can't believe, that I'm 14 todayyy! Of course I'm going to spend my birthday with Grace, but I want it to be special. Now that I'm 14, mom says, that me and Grace can go to the mall all alone! Even until 19:00! Then we'll have a sleepover, as usual, but I bought some R-rated movies with aunt Jessy! She says, she won't tell mom. It's gonna be great. Bad news are, well, now that I'm 14, I'll probably stop having a diary. I mean, is there any 14-year-old girl left in this world, who still has a diary exept me? "

15:40
,, I'm running late. I won't be able to pick up Grace. We'll meet at the mall."

20:15
I don't want to take the wet towel off my shoulders. I can't. And I'll never be able to.

01:45
,, Dear reader,
holding me in your hands - and I say me, because these pages contain every memory I have, which remind me, why my life is worth to live - you should be notified that it's cursed. I'm cursed. That's why I suggest you to leave this diary to the ones, who already suffer from bad luck; to me. Or is it fate? I don't know... I'm just doomed... Not because I lost my iPhone. Neither my Michael Cross purse. I lost my best friend. I lost Grace...and it's my fault."

  " It can't be my fault..." Alice thought.
  But if she just knew, that waiting for Grace outside the mall, not picking her up as they planned to, would turn out... deadly.

   Alice was about to close her diary - thinking she'd never open it again- but then she noticed, she had missed a small note under her last diary entry. She read it out loud, while the pink notebook was falling on the floor. It all felt like happening in slow motion.