Chapter 6: The last chance

Someone must have looked at her phone, when Grace sent her the picture with the dress, she was supposed to wear. And then bought the same one and sent it to Alice, together with a creepy card. Yeah- that must it be. That's the only possible explanation. Besides, why would Grace sent her an anonymus package. If she still was alive, she'd probably be in danger. But Alice had already taken her decision. To forget about Grace. And that's exactly what she was planning to do. And also have an epic night out with Josh, wearing her new, velvet, beige dress, not some scum, that a creep wanted her to wear.

About 30 minutes later, Alice arrived at the movie theater, where Josh has been waiting for her. She waved to him with a smile on her face. He repeated, while walking to her direction and then finally put his arm around her shoulder. They walked together into the dark, red hall and sat in the middle of the rearmost row. With Josh at her side, the world seemed for her completely harmless.

Josh chose a classic 80s horror movie. Alice didn't know it's titel, until the movie began and she recognized it by the plot. It was the movie she and Grace were going to watch at her birthday, two years ago.

"Alice? Are you alright?"
She heared Josh's voice whispering, worried.
"Should we watch another movie?" he asked
"No- it's not.. that" Alice said. She sighed deeply, while nervously scratching her arm. It was probably time to tell him about Grace. Her long lost best friend.

"Wow, this sounds... crazy. I'm sorry for picking this movie, I feel terrible." he said.
"It's okey. I think I'm just gonna head home" Alice said, with a heartbroken voice. "It wasn't your fault. I just don't feel really well."
Without saying another word, Alice left the hall.

While walking down the corridor, which led to the front door, Alice was struggling not to turn around and run back to him. It was supposed to be the best night in her life. Maybe he would forgive her. Or at least understand. But right now, Alice knew, that something was going on. She had to call the police. Even if it was just a stupid, immature pranker, things could get more serious. Alice almost touched the door handle. She'd now be outside the movie theater, calling the cops. She would. But not after seeing a message, stuck on the door by a couple of layers of fusty sellotape. A last message from Grace Jackson.