Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"We're back uncle Harold!" Lucy tells her uncle once we all step inside.

He doesn't answer her, Edmund sticks his tongue out at him then we hear a voice from behind us.

"Father, Edmunds making faces at you!" It was Eustace.

He threw a spitball at Edmund.

"Why you little-!" He tried to take Eustace down.

"Father he's gonna hit me!" Eustace whined.

"Edmund, it's from Susan!" We see Lucy holding up a letter with a huge smile on her face.

"I'll deal with you later," Edmund tells Eustace and stands up walking upstairs.

I see Eustace make a face at him behind his back.

"Come on, Stella. Let's go read the letter in my room," she says excitedly.

"Alright," I say and we begin to walk upstairs.

Eustace seems to notice I'm here and says, "Stella," like he's saying hi.

"Eustace," I say back a little shyly walking past him and I could've swore our hands brushed each other slightly.

I gasp inside a little and continue walking upstairs not making eye contact with him.

Lucy starts reading the letter from her sister aloud to Edmund and I.

She gets to the end of it when she says something about staying at Cambridge for another few months.

She looks upset, "Another few months?"

Edmund grabs the letter.

"How will we survive?" Lucy says thinking about staying with her bratty cousin for more months.

"At least Ill still have you guys," I pipe in awkwardly.

"Yes that's true," Lucy smiles at me.

Then Lucy walks over to the mirror and does the same gesture with her hair as she did before and asks, "Do you think I look anything like Susan?"

Edmund ignores her and says, "Lucy, have you seen this ship before?"

I look over to the painting Edmund is looking at and admire it.

"Yes, it's very Narnian looking isn't it?" She says smiling.

I look at it closely and Edmund says, "Yeah, just another reminder that we're here and not there,"

I hear that familiar voice behind us saying, "There once were two orphans who wasted their time believing in Narnian nursery rhyme,"

Eustace.

"Please let me hit him!" Edmund pleads going at him.

Lucy pulls him back, "No!"

"It's my house, can do as I please, you're just guests," he says sitting on the bed.

"But they are also your cousins, Eustace," I say getting in the middle of their conversation.

He looks at me and it looks like he's coming up with a comeback, but Lucy says, "Edmund, it looks like the water's actually moving,"

"What rubbish, see? That's what you get when you read all those fanciful novels and fairytales of yours," Eustace snaps forgetting his comeback.

"You won't see it from the other side of the door," Edmund says oblivious to what Eustace just said.

I see Eustace make a disgusted face at him and I say, "Um, well I gotta go.." I say heading for the door.

Eustace shoots up blocking the door, "Uh, you can't leave now.. I mean you have to stay for supper.." He says stuttering a little.

Edmund and Lucy look back at him and give him a weird look, "I mean with us, stay for supper with us, my mum is an amazing cook," he covers up.

"Um.." I say not sure whether I should or not.

Just then Edmund and Eustace start fighting about something else and Lucy says, "Edmund, the painting!"

I go over to Lucy and notice the painting is... Moving!

I can't believe my eyes.

"What's going on here?!" Eustace says frightened.

"Lucy! Do you think?!" Edmund says excited.

"Oh just smash the whole thing!" Eustace says grabbing the painting and a ton of water spills out making us slip.

"Eustace! No!" We all shout, but it's too late.

Soon we are all underwater and swimming up.

I swim up to the surface terrified of what is actually happening, but Ed and Lucy seem to be excited and know what is going on.

I breathe for air and look around and see a huge ship coming toward us.

"Swim!" Lucy shouts.

We all swim for our lives.

Just then I feel someone grab my waist, but gently.

I whip around scared and find a man holding onto me saying, "It's alright, I got you!"

Then Lucy says, "Edmund, it's Caspian!"

I guess these people are nice if Lucy knows this guy.

Then I hear Eustace shot, "I'm going back to England! I am going back to England!"

I giggle at him and I am being pulled aboard the ship with Lucy, Edmund, and Eustace.

Some of the crew hands us towels.

I gladly take one and wonder what on earth is going on and how we got to this odd place.

I see Eustace spitting out water and then I see a cute little mouse run up to us.

"Reepicheep!" Lucy smiles at the mouse.

"Your majesties, pleasure to see you again, but um, what to do about this young man," the mouse gestures to Eustace.

That's weird... A talking mouse.

"That rat tried to eat my face off!" Eustace screams.

"I was merely trying to remove the water from your lungs, sir," Reepicheep says to Eustace.

"He-he talks! Did anyone hear-he just talked!" He says horrified pointing at the mouse.

"He always talks, getting him to shut up is the trick," Caspian says.

"I don't know where I am, but I want to wake up RIGHT NOW!" Eustace shouts.

"Perhaps we should throw him back," Reepicheep suggests.

I see Edmund thinking about that and Lucy says, "Edmund!" Nudging him in his side.

I can't help but feel sorry for Eustace. After all he did get dragged into this weird and magical land along with me.

"Where in the blazes am I?!" Eustace walks over to a big weird animal looking thing and he talks too.

"Your on the dawn Treader! The finest ship in Narnia's name," the big animal says.

Then I see Eustace fall over and faint.

Everybody laughs.

Poor thing.