Chapter Five

Zoe's POV:

After going upstairs I plopped down on my bed. I had fifty questions going through my head at the same time. Yet, none of them I wanted answered.

Werewolves? They don't exist. But today I rode on the back of one. It was amazing, like flying on a fluffy cloud. His fur was so soft and fluffy, I could easily take a nap on it.

The way it felt when he touched me, I could never forget that. It was like electrical shocks trailing all throughout my body, but didn't hurt. It felt amazing, almost the most pleasure I have ever experienced.

But how could I be forced to choose between three hot guys? It's so hard to just pick. But they said I have as long as I need and I was going to take my time doing this.

Suddenly my phone rang. I looked at it and it was my second best friends brother. I groaned and answered.

"What is it Kyle?" I asked him in a rude tone.

"You have to come back, Z. You have to." He said, but it sounded as if he was about to cry. We kind of liked each other a little while back but we were both over that.

"Why?"

"She would want you here." He sobbed. I don't know what he meant. If Isabelle wanted me there, she would call herself and ask.

"What are you talking about?"

"She's dead, Zoe! She was kidnapped last night and they found her body in the pond by our house about an hour ago." He sobbed harder.

I froze. No, that's not possible. I've been friends with Isabelle as long as Cassie, except me and Cassie were always closer. Both of them wanted to come with me when I told them I was coming to Maine. She couldn't be dead! That's not even possible! I didn't realize I was crying until I felt the tears on my face rolling down.

"No, your lying."

"No Zoe, I swear to you I'm not. She really loved you Zoe. You should come to her funeral. I'll text you the details when they know. I'm sorry Zoe." He said and hung up.

I dropped my phone, or rather threw it on the floor and just cried. My heart felt broken, like half of it went with her when she died and I was left with the other half. I knew I should've talked to her more but I've been kind of busy so I guess I forgot.

I remember the day we became friends. We were sitting at the same lunch table because the school picked out seats that week. It was me, her, Cassie and Heather. The four of us clicked and became inseparable from that day forward. We did everything together. There wasn't one day that at least two of us were together. We were always with someone else in the group. Never alone. I guess they stopped that after I left, because one of the reasons we did it was to stay safe. But if she was kidnapped, I guess she was alone.

I couldn't deal with this alone, and I knew that. The first person that came into my head was Xander. I hope he is still awake.

I walked out of my room still crying and knocked on his door. He groaned loudly then said come in. I inhaled deeply, well tried to but it's hard when your crying so hard. As soon as the door opened, he reached over and turned on the lamp. The second he saw me, he was wide awake and ran over to hug me.

"Zoe what's wrong?!" He asked. I just shook my head and cried into his shoulder. He reached out behind me and closed the door. "Okay, you don't have to tell me. Just come lay down."

He led me over to his bed and he climbed in then I climbed in with him. He pulled the covers over me and pulled me closer to him, hugging me again.

I must've cried into him for an hour or two. He rubbed my back the entire time and wiped every tear away with his thumb. But when I finally stopped, I realized I was in a bed with a boy. Wow.