Chapter Nine

I know the last chapter was really short and I'm sorry but I promise this one will be longer.

----------------------------------------------

Zoe's POV:

I had fought so hard to control what little dignity I had at the beach when I saw him shirtless. I wanted so bad to go over to him and make out with him. But obviously I couldn't do that, so I didn't.

Now we are on our way to a cafe. I had looked up good places on his phone then put it in his gps. I know I should've looked at his pictures or something like a normal girl, but I don't see the need to.

It wasn't like I'm his girlfriend or anything and that's invading personal privacy. I would never do that to him unless he gave me a reason to suspect something.

"Where are we going?" He finally asked.

"No patience?" I asked smirking. I wanted to take my eyes off the road to meet his but this car is too nice to crash.

"Oh I have patience." I'm assuming he smirked back. "But you don't."

"Oh really?" I asked him. "Prove it."

"I will." He promised.

I smiled as we pulled into the cafe parking lot. It wasn't big, actually kind of small to be a cafe. Well, I'm used to big ones, so maybe this is normal size.

There were lots of windows and inside I could see tons of white and blue tables with black chairs. It looked pretty good from the outside.

The walls were a nice blue, almost matching Carson's eyes. Actually, his eyes were a shade lighter than the walls. With the floor a pale white tile.

"This place? Oh god Zoe." He said getting out of the car.

"What? Is this not classified as anything?" I asked smirking.

"No, it is." He said sighing.

"Do you hate it here or something?" I asked him.

"My ex works here." He sighed again.

"Oh." I said already forming a plan in my head. "What happened?"

He opened the door for me. "Long story."

"Well I have plenty of time."

"Brody!" A very high pitched voice yelled as soon as we walked in. She then came running over to him and gave him a hug. He didn't move a muscle.

She was a very petit young girl, around his age. She was kind of pale but had a slight barely-noticeable tan. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail but was a glowing red. Her eyes pierced into mine as she hugged him, basically giving me a death glare.

"I've missed you!" She said. "Why don't you come here anymore?"

"I've been rather busy lately." He said looking over at me.

"With her?" She asked. "What's she your new girlfriend?"

Before he could answer, I did. "Yes I am."

His eyes widened, watching me to see what I would do next.

"Get back to work Ruth!" Someone shouted. I'm guessing the boss.

She groaned. "This isn't over." Then walked away.

"So when did we start dating? And why didn't I know about it?" He said smirking.

"Today."

He smirked and led me over to a table. He then pulled a chair out for me, and pushed it in when I sat down.