Drew's Bio

Andrew  was born to play the cello. Unlike many others, Drew didn’t start in fourth grade. No, he was going to challenge himself. But let’s start from the very beginning of his story. When he was little, he was a genius pianist (pronounced pee-uh-nist). He toured his little comunity, playing his music, his passion. “Everyone has a rough day,” he said. “Mine just happened to end my career.” While practicing piano one day, Drew had a sharp pain in his hand and was rushed to the hospital. He was suffering from “pianist’s hand”, something that could’ve killed him. “The doctors said I could never play again,” he said. But little did Drew know that the CELLO was his destiny. *Cue Don’t Stop Believin’* At the beginning of 7th grade, Drew’s doctors cleared him to play an instrument. But no longer was he playing piano. “I think I changed my mind when I heard the 6th grade orchestra play,” he says. He mentioned how the out-of-tune harmonies and melodies blended together, creating a musical garbage truck. “My first beautiful moment of cello-playing was when I picked up the wooden beauty and stroked it slowly, taking in every curve and edge of it. My first note was glorious and resounded around the room.” Drew continues to share his love of cello with the world.