Emily's bio

Emily was born into a loving family. She was raised like any other child. But, little did she or her parents know that she was destined to be a trampoline star. As a child, Emily loved to frolick on her backyard trampoline. Sometimes she even did a somersault on the surface, only if she was feeling daring. "You look back on silly things like that and ask yourself: what the hell are you doing?" Says Emily. But as soon as Emily learned how to flip on the trampoline, there was no telling how her talent could change the world. One day, Emily was in her backyard, just practicing her double backwards flip routine. But, things turned sour. Emily was halfway through the second flip when *cue slow motion* her foot went rogue, bending backwards. And with a crack, Emily's foot slammed into the metal part of the trampoline. Emily was devastated when the doctors told her that she had broken her ankle. She wouldn't be able to go to swim practice all summer. Emily sat and looked out the window, depressed. Swim team was her only life; she didn't have any friends. But wait! Emily began the road to recovery and finished early. Her bones were strong enough to get back in the pool! She was determined to get there early on Monday morning. Triumphantly, Emily marched to the front door of the high school. Her delight instantly vanished when she saw the sign: Swim Team Practice cancelled today. No swim practice until school starts.