Chapter 1

"Distance means so little when someone means so much." ~Unknown

-----------------------------------------------

Prologue ♡

My boyfriend Morgan had called me and said he needed to speak with me. Of course, I said yes even if it was 1:00 a.m. I waited outside as he finally pulled up in my drive way. He got out of his car and we sat down on my front porch. I looked at him and he looked like he could cry any minute.

"Morgan, what's wrong?"

"Sydney, we can't do this anymore."

My mouth went dry after he said that, "W-Why?"

"Were moving and I don't mean like to a different street. Were moving to a different state, which means hours away from each other."

"This can still work, right?"

He looks down at his shoes, "I don't know, Syd. I just don't know. If you want, we can try it but I just don't know if it will."

Before I could even speak, he received a text message. He looks down at it and then to me. I knew who it was and what he was trying to tell me. He was telling me it was time for him to leave. He stood up and I did the same. He hugged me tightly as we both said, "I'll miss you so much." I let a tear escape from my eyes. I watched as he walked down my front porch steps. I watched as he got into his car and drove away.

I knew I couldn't say anything to stop him from leaving because he didn't have a choice. I walked up to my room and shut the door behind me. I slid down the door and started crying into my knees. What was I going to do without him?