Dear Journal

The next day, Belle's family was going to have a special lunch to celebrate her performance at last night's party. Lucia and Francisco came over for the celebration—and they had a special surprise for their granddaughter.

"¿Donde está mi nieta preciosa?" Francisco asked.

"She's upstairs in her bedroom, Papá," Estrella replied.

Belle was in her room, reading Mamá Isa's journal. She was really embarrassed that Franny had publicly told that crazy lie about her—and all because Franny had to pry into someone's personal business. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Entra," Belle called.

Lucia and Francisco entered Belle's room only find how sad she is.

"What's wrong, mija?" Lucia asked.

"Abuela, I'm so embarrassed," Belle replied. "Franny had to pry into this journal and jump to conclusions and publicly tell a big fat lie about me."

"Oh, mija, I know you're really upset, but the principal took care of Franny," Francisco declared. "Maybe these little possessions will cheer you up." He handed Belle a package wrapped with blue paper and a white ribbon.

Belle removed the ribbon and paper to find a wooden box. She opened the box to find colored pens. "Que bonitos colores," she gazed.

"Before you say thank you, we got you this to go with those pens," Lucia said.

Lucia handed Belle another package. This one was wrapped in red paper and a white ribbon. Belle removed the ribbon and paper to find a blue journal decorated with white star stickers—her name was on the front cover in big red stickers. She opened the front cover to find a message written on the inscription: "Congratulations to our granddaughter on her Veterans Day performance! Love, Abuelo and Abuela".

"Gracias," Belle smiled. She hugged her grandparents tightly.

"De nada, mija," Francisco smiled. "Now be a good girl and join us and your parents downstairs."

Belle put her pens and journal aside and joined her family downstairs for lunch. Victor and Estrella served their daughter's favorite dish, spaghetti and meatballs. Belle really enjoyed her food, but her family could tell that she was unhappy—and it didn't take them too long to know why.

"Belle, are you still upset about last night?" Estrella asked.

"Yes, Mamá," Belle nodded. "Franny had to stick her nose into Mamá Isa's journal and then assume that I was an old lady with the body of a teenager and then tell everyone her assumption."

"Don't worry, princesita," Victor said. "Principal Whalen is going to make sure this kind of bullying doesn't happen again."

"It's not just the bullying—it's having to face everyone at school I have to worry about," Belle admitted.

"I'm sure everything will be fine," Lucia assured her granddaughter. "I hope you enjoy the dessert Abuelo and I made for you."

Estrella opened a box that contained a circular cake that was decorated with blue icing and white buttercream, and written in red icing was, "Congratulations, Belle!"

"Gracias," Belle smiled.

"Glad you like it," Francisco smiled.

That night, Belle was in her nightgown, and she saw the journal her grandparents gave her. She decided to write a little something in her new journal. She picked up the journal, took out a red pen and a blue pen, and wrote on the first page: