Belle's Performance

Finally, Veterans Day had come, and everyone had come to Ridgeway High School's Veterans Day party. Everyone was wearing red, white, and blue.

Belle was with Hugo and her family.

"You're going to record my performance?" Belle asked. "That's so nice of you, Hugo."

"Do you mind if I post it on YouTube?" Hugo asked.

"No, go ahead," Belle smiled.

"Belle, I swear there is nothing you can do to make me any prouder than you will after you sing on that stage," Estrella declared.

"Your mother is right, princesita," Victor smiled. "Well, you should get ready for your performance."

"Okay," Belle smiled. She went to get ready for her performance.

"She really is a nice girl, Hugo," Hugo's older brother, Jared, smiled.

"She sure is, Jared," Hugo smiled. "It makes me happy to see how much she values the USA."

"She takes after her great-grandmother," Lucia smiled.

Soon enough, Mr. Maxwell was onstage with Belle. There were two easels with portraits that were covered by two of the American flag.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to our Veterans Day party!" Mr. Maxwell announced. "We're going to open our party with a very special performance by Belle Navarro."

Belle was onstage with Mr. Maxwell. Franny thought this would be a good way to expose Belle's secret.

"Before we begin, we'd like to unveil two very special pictures of veterans who have served the country in World War II," Mr. Maxwell announced. "Ready, Belle?"

"As I'll ever be," Belle smiled.

Mr. Maxwell and Belle each removed a flag and revealed the portraits of Isabelle and Arturo. Everyone was surprised by these pictures, and they especially surprised that Isabelle looked just like Belle. Franny went up onstage to stop everything.

"Wait, stop everything!" Franny shouted. "Belle Navarro is not who you think she is!"

Everyone gasped when they heard this—and nobody was more shocked than Belle and her family.

"What do you mean I'm not who everyone thinks I am?" Belle frowned.

"I know your secret, Belle," Franny declared. "You're really Isabelle Gonzalez, a retired soldier who served the USA in World War II! After said war, you used a magic potion to keep yourself young for years!"

Everyone gasped at what Franny had just said. Victor, Estrella, Lucia, and Francisco went up on the stage.

"Me, a World War II soldier?" Belle frowned. "A magic potion to keep myself young? Where did you hear all that nonsense?"

"I read in your journal that you served the country in World War II," Franny declared.

"My journal?" Belle frowned. She started thinking about what Franny said—then she realized something. "Franny, that World War II journal wasn't mine."

"Oh yeah? Then whose was it?" Franny asked.

"The journal you read belonged to my great-grandmother," Belle revealed.

Franny was shocked. "Your great-grandmother?" she gasped. "But your real name is Isabelle, and your name was on the journal."

"Yes, because I was named after her," Belle revealed. "Isabelle Gonzalez was my great-grandmother."