Chapter Six

~Harry Potter~
The goblin steepled his long, sharp-tipped fingers together and said, "First things first, Mr. Potter, my name is Rapclaw. You may address me using my name. As for your lordship, I would suggest doing it before your inheritance test because the lordship will get rid of any traces on you, including the one by the ministry, as well as cleanse you of any potions, spells or glamors. I would suggest dropping your glamor before placing the ring on your finger so it is not forcibly dropped."
Obediently, I dropped my glamor, and felt a gleam of satisfaction as Rapclaw and several others gaped openly at my new form.
Eventually, Rapclaw said, "That is an interesting inheritance Mr. Potter."
A wry smile tugged at my lips and I said, "As you'll come to find out, Rapclaw, I don't do things halfway. I'm all about the weird."
Rapclaw and several others all chuckled, and Rapclaw shuffled some papers around before handing me a ringbox, an old and well kept one, by the looks.
I opened it, gazing thoughtfully at the crest on the ring, before looking at Rapclaw, "Which finger and hand does it go on, sir?"
"You're right hand, preferably your thumb. This may be a painful procedure, if you have any other trace or potions or spells on you besides the ministry's."
I grimaced, but nodded, slipping the lordship ring on my right thumb, bracing myself for any pain.
The pain came, without a doubt. At first it was slow, a slight twinge, but within seconds it transformed into an inferno, making me gasp, clenching my fists tightly, my nails digging into my palms. It only lasted a moment, but it nearly reduces me to tears.
I felt a small hand take my left hand, an even smaller hand taking my right, and I loosened my grip, allowing the Snape children to gently smooth out my hand, both twisting my hands so they were palm up. Severus stood next to Augustus, his wand ready. I nodded to him, and he silently healed the gashes from my claws.
Afterwards, I gently squeezed Augustus and Eiris' hands before straightening in my chair. Rapclaw handed me a blank piece of parchment and a pin and said, "Seven drops of blood if you will, Mr. Potter. Directly into the parchment."
Once I tried, I only managed three drops before a weird sensation went through my hand and black scales, similar to the ones on my wings, covered my hand from claw-tip to shoulder. Quickly, I took the pin, pressing it into several of my fingers on my other hand and barely managed to get the remaining four drops of blood before that arm was covered in scales as well.
Aloysius gasped and said, "Merlin's beard, Harry, you're a dragonette!! Your scales protect you at the first sign of injury, no matter the size! This is amazing!"
He stopped for a moment and said, "I wonder if you're a carrier or not?!"
I turned to look at him, "What is a dragonette?? What's a carrier?? How did you know??"
Aloysius smiled slightly, his voice reassuring, "I know because I've read nearly every book on creature inheritances, and a carrier is a male who could possibly carry children if he had a male mate." I must have made a face at the idea because he added, "You don't necessarily have to be gay, Harry. If you have male mates then that's just it Harry-you're soul was split and the other happened to go into a male body. It isn't definite that you'll be attracted to any other males and besides once you meet your mate it won't matter because you'll fall in love with them anyways."