Chapter 8

Mik had woken up alone in Kakashi's bed and found him sleeping on the couch shortly after.

"Good morning," Mik said. He sat up, his hair a mess, and returned the greeting with a much more gruff tone. "Why are you out here?"

Kakashi sighed, rubbing his temples. "I got too drunk, wanted to be closer to the bathroom in case I got sick."

"You poor thing," Mik frowned. She had felt her own hangover fading in favor of taking care of Kakashi. "You go shower, I'll make breakfast."

"You don't have to do that," Kakashi said. He still hadn't really looked at her, although he hadn't really opened his eyes much at all. The little bit of sunlight that seeped in through the closed blinds was too much for him. He was also embarrassed about the kiss he let her steal from him. But she didn't even know about that.

"I insist, go now." She ushered Kakashi towards the bathroom.

"Can you even cook?" He asked wearily.

She smiled, almost apologetically. "We'll see."

She cooked eggs and toast. It was the only thing she trusted herself not to screw up. When she brought out the plates, Kakashi was waiting. She froze at the sight of him, her heart fluttering away in her chest.

Kakashi sat on the couch in black sweatpants and no shirt. Stray water droplets escaped from his hair and ran down his bare chest, following the dips between his pecs and abs. He had a towel resting over his head and face. Mik wondered what she would see if she pulled it off.

He must have smelled the food, because he pulled the towel away. He was wearing his mask. Mik was surprised at her own disappointment, as she hadn't thought about seeing his face since the novelty of being around him had worn off. She liked the mystery that came with him, and his personality didn't leave any room to wonder about his facial features anyway. But in that moment, when she thought she could have seen his face, she really wanted to.

Kakashi thanked her for the breakfast. His plate came with an extra side of pain killers to help with the headache that left him sensitive to sound and light. They ate breakfast in the dark, watching morning cartoons with the volume on low and closed captions on.

The empty plates stayed on the coffee table for a few more episodes that Kakashi didn't even pay attention to. He just zoned out on the TV screen, thinking.

"There's something I probably should've told you yesterday." Kakashi looked at Mik.

"What is it?" She asked, startled.

"I don't want you to freak out hearing this, but something happened to you yesterday when you were with Iruka that I'm positive you don't remember, because something similar happened when you were with me last night."

"What the hell? Yeah, I'm already freaking out," Mik felt her ears getting hot. She knew she was about to be embarrassed. "Go on."

Iruka had been sitting on the couch, silently cursing himself for not double-checking the books he had brought for Mik. At least she seemed to find it funny. She could've reacted a lot worse, and he would have just taken it.

The shower's glass door screeched as it was opened and left to swing. Iruka stared at the bathroom door, not really thinking about it. But then he heard footsteps, slow and calculated, coming closer. His eyes widened, his back straightened.

The bathroom door opened. Iruka gasped, covering his eyes. "Mik! W-what are you doing?!"

She didn't answer him. He looked back up at her, naked and leaving damp footprints as she walked towards the kitchen. She was going to leave the apartment. Her eyes glowed red to match Iruka's face.