Chapter 6

Alissa POV:

I ran my fingers on the velvety red petals of the rose. Sniffing its pleasing smell, I smiled at Samantha who was arranging flowers in the bouquet.

"You know what Samantha, you are so fortunate that you got to do your desirable job," I said with a sigh.

She looked up at me and just smiled. Her eyes crinkled from sides on her wrinkled face, making her laughing lines more visible.

She was the best friend of my mother. She owns a florist shop where my mother once volunteered. I was young when I used to come here with mom. She is a wise and intelligent lady who financially and morally supported my mom a lot.

After the death of my mother, I was extremely grieved and hopeless but she encouraged me enough to move on from the misery. She honestly played a motherly role in my life. So once again I came here to get some advice from her.

"What would you do if you want to change but feel uneasy because of it?" I asked in a small voice.

" I would consider how that change could impact my life, If it is not affecting me positively, I would be back to my older self but if It makes me a good person in my own perspective than I would have to stand for it. And Alissa....its natural to feel uneasy because that's when you realize you have to come out of your comfort zone then." She said while looking into my eyes.

Her words were like a healing balm on my wounded thoughts. I let her words sink in my heart. Then a question raised in my head.

"But why I always adapt changes, can't I change others who have hurt me," I asked.

"It's easier to change yourself then others. In changing others, you'll only waste your time and energy and mostly you won't get any good results too." She said in an obvious tone.

"I think You're right, thanks for the advice," I said with a grin.

"Oh, no problem dear... Oh, can you please fill this with water. I need to arrange the flowers" She said handing me her water spray.

I nodded and took it in the back door where the tap was to fill it. When I filled the bottle I came out of the back door and saw a customer there seeing the flowers.

His back was in front of me so I couldn't see who he was but I felt that he was familiar.

But when he turned around my eyes went wide because there in front of me was Nicholas Watson talking to Samantha.

I turned back in the back door and peeked from there, I was instantly curious that why was he here.

Maybe he was buying flowers for his girlfriend.

She may be prettier than me.

 Now why I am comparing her girlfriend with me.

I shook away my thoughts and saw that he was already making his way out of the shop taking a bouquet of white roses. He had a solemn expression on his face which was indicating that something wasn't right.

I should follow him.

I thought and gave the bottle to Samantha and said to her that I have to do work urgently. She nodded with a smile and I waved her a goodbye.

When I came out of the shop, looking everywhere hurriedly to spot him, I saw he was starting off his black car. I looked around and ran towards a cab.

I got in hurriedly and told the cab driver to follow that black car hurriedly. He eyed me suspiciously and without saying a word started his cab.

Nicholas was driving his car in a high speed and I found it struggling to keep following him among many cars running along the road. I urged the driver to increase the speed but he protested about the traffic.

I don't know If I felt nervous or excited but I know I was gonna reveal something mysterious about him. I know I shouldn't follow him like a Spy as curiosity once killed a cat but luckily I am not a cat!

He stopped his car in a barren street beside a graveyard. I also instructed the driver to park the cab at a safe distance from his car. As I got out from the cab, I saw him heading into the graveyard with long strides.

I slowly walked to the gates and peeked into it. There I saw Nicholas crouched beside a grave from a far distance.

I walked timidly towards him and hid behind a tree, his back was in front of me so he couldn't see me.

But today fate was not in favor of me as my stupid foot stepped on a branch creating a sound and from my mouth a yelp. 

Nicholas immediately snapped his head towards the source of sound which was doubtlessly me.

He saw me with his red teary eyes with shock and then anger. He stood up and threw the bouquet on the grave. I felt a shiver of dread, like a deer that got caught in the headlights.

His unnerving gaze pinned me on my place and I stood there watching his now stiff body approaching me. His honey-colored eyes held a storm inside itself and I let myself drown in them.

I don't know when he stood in front of me and took my right arm in a firm grip and looked straight into my eyes with a deadly expression.

I winced by his tight grip, he began shouting at me for intruding his privacy, but all the yelling got soundless when I kept looking into his honey eyes that were red from crying.

There were tides of emotions swarming inside those honey orbs, I felt like he was lost in the chaos of those emotions. He was disturbed and I could sense it well while looking into those eyes.

I felt like those emotions were unraveling a part of my repressed memories. I immediately began to feel numb.

"F**king say something girl..... were you stalking me." He yelled at me, shaking both my arms.

"I...I..am....." I come back in senses and saw his eyes darkened from rage, I couldn't utter a word as I felt a lump form in a throat, I was on a verge of crying. I only kept gazing at him with now teary eyes and silently prayed that I won't suffer any bad consequences further.

"Now prepare yourself for a punish you Bitch," he said and dragged me out of the graveyard. I felt my heart speeding as I tried to free myself from his grip and began to plead while crying but he was mercilessly tugging me forward towards his car.

Now he will surely kidnap me and kill me and throw me in a jungle.

He finally let go of my wrist and stood very close to me, invading my personal space. I gasp by the nearness as his breath was fanning over my face. A shiver ran through my spine when he was only inches away from my face.

" You know what girlie, I punish my victims slowly and deadly, So now prepare yourself for further consequences." He spoke surprisingly in a deadly calm voice that gave me goosebumps.

My eyes widened when he moved away and gave me a nasty smirk that was telling that I'm doomed.

Hello guys,

I Know I updated after a loooong time so apologies. There was so much going on that I couldn't update any chapters, including my final exams too.

Please vote, and comment because only these things motivate me to write more.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.