6

Dallon sat on the floor in his common room, sitting in a vaguely circlish shape with Breezy, Kenny, and Mikey. Breezy was sharing a comic book with Dallon. Kenny laid on the ground and fired different spells in the air. Mikey was reading a quidditch book.

"How did you get your hands on this issue?" Dallon asked as Breezy turned the page.

She smiled. "Not everyone got to go practice magic over the summer." She replied.

"I wish I could have practiced." Kenny sighed before muttering a spell that sent bubbles shooting out of the tip of his wand.

"You're doing just fine!" Breezy insisted, gesturing to the bubbles that were now floating up to the ceiling. "You should give yourself more credit."

Kenny's cheeks filled with color as he smiled. He opened his mouth to speak, but his attention was drawn down as a gray kitten with purple stripes jumped onto his lap. He pushed himself up to pet the kitten before scooping it into his arms.

"Is that cat purple?" Mikey asked as the feline nuzzled its head against the light stubble growing on Kenny's cheeks.

"She's a bit charmed." A timid voice said, approaching the group. Everyone turned to see a girl with blond hair rubbing her arm. "I was trying out something I read and she jumped in front of my wand..."

"No worries." Kenny smiled at the girl as the kitten crawled up to his shoulder, "It shouldn't be permanent."

"If you can ever get her back from Kenny." Ray laughed, "You may have lost your cat, Nicole."

Kenny tickled under the kitten's chin as Nicole stepped closer to grab her. "Sorry again."

"Don't sweat it." Breezy assured her. Nicole just smiled with a nod before hurrying over to a group of first year girls playing wizard's chest.

"She's nice." Kenny commented, though he was a bit disappointed he didn't get to play with the kitten longer. He missed having pets himself.

Dallon, however, had already moved past the incident. He was gazing down at the comic book with wide eyes. "How can it end like this!? Breezy, please tell me you have more."

"This is the latest issue!"

"I'm going to die."

Kenny let himself fall back to the floor. Things seemed normal enough after what happened last year. Dallon was sucked further into the world of comics thanks to Breezy. Mikey read up on ways to be the house king of quidditch. Ray was quiet, but always considering what happened around him. Then, there was Kenny...

Kenny frowned when he thought about himself. He wasn't the best, but he wasn't the worst. He was usually the unfortunate when it came to potion mishaps and pranks...

"What if I tried out for the quidditch team this year?" The question slipped past his lips when he only meant to think it.

"Really?" Mikey's interest was peaked, "What position?"

"Oh, uhh..." Kenny gulped. Why did he let that out in front of a quidditch player?

Mikey continued with Kenny's trailed off response. "If your serious, I can get you in for tryouts! They should be starting up soon."

"Way to go Kenny!" Breezy smiled widely at him, "Improved your broom skills over summer?"

Kenny looked up at the ceiling. He hadn't so much as touched a broom over the summer holiday. He was rubbish. There was an inward panic beginning to settle itself into Kenny's gut.

---

Patrick walked alongside Pete as they walked through the courtyard. Pete had gotten Patrick out on a broom again. He was getting used to it, but it still wasn't his favorite pass time.

"I think you did fantastic, 'Trick." Pete was gushing, "Seeing you on a broom is just... Wow."

"You do it much better." Patrick insisted, grabbing hold of Pete's hand as he said it.

In response, Pete pressed a kiss against Patrick's cheek.

Patrick laughed and squeezed Pete's hand. He loved moments like this; being with Pete while surrounded by magic. He could practically feel it in the air around them. Being with Pete at Hogwarts felt as much like home as his actual home.

"Want to work on some homework?" Patrick asked, "I can snag some snacks from the kitchens to hold us until dinner."

Pete shrugged. "It's not due for a week."

"It's a ten thousand word essay."

"Just a bit more fun?" Pete pleaded, stopping in his tracks and spinning Patrick to face him. He leaned in close, pressing his forehead against Patrick's.

Patrick sucked in a breath. Pete could enchant him without any magic at all. He just had to look at him the right way, or do something like this... And the Gryffindor knew it.

"Diabolical." Patrick whispered before Pete's lips were on his. He was glad Pete had stopped in a very cloaked part of the courtyard that wasn't in the way. Even with his feeling for Pete, Patrick was still a prefect. He didn't want to be scolded for any too public displays of affection.

Pete pulled away with a grin on his face. "Can we still get the snacks?"

"Pete!"

---
A/N~ hey guys!

So, it's been a hot minute on this one. Idk, i love it, but I feel like I'm not doing enough with the story & the plot isn't strong enough. I might leave it. Probably occasionally update, but for the most part focus on no phones in class or hunts from the winchesters.

Idk

~Skittles Out~