"he's handsome, she's beautiful"

The day they had their first anniversary?

December 31, 2010

Joselyn and Connor had begun going out after numerous hang outs over the course of two thousand nine and Connor had finally gotten the guts to ask Joselyn out on new year's eve. She said yes and they shared a midnight kiss.

As the year progressed they had fun dates and had finally found true happiness. Connor got a job as a therapist for mentally disabled children and Joselyn had been editting books for a while now. She had even gotten a preview of John Green's new book, but couldn't spill any details. All she thought of it was pure amazing.

Joselyn smiled as she opened up a text from Connor which read the simple words of 'I miss you'. She couldn't help it, she was a real lovesick girl.

"Jos!" Bethany called out.

"Huh, what?" Joselyn said as she was caught off guard by her new best friend entering the living room.

Bethany and Joselyn had rented an apartment together which Valerie had moved out of a couple months ago when she went to live with her younger sister who was hit by a car and was severely injured.

"What are you wearing tonight?" she asked.

"Oh, um, the dark purple dress with a long white cardigan." Joselyn replied.

"Ooh the lacy purple one?" Bethany asked with a smile.

"Y-Yeah." Joselyn replied.

"Trying to impress Connor, aren't we?" Bethany teased, sitting onto the couch next to Joselyn.

Joselyn blushed, she couldn't help that she was wearing her new dress that Bethany made for her. Bethany was an intern for a fashion designer now and even pitched a few ideas. Sneaking into the fabric room, Bethany brought it home and made the dress for Joselyn for a special occasion because "it was too perfect for her skin tone".

"You guys are so cute!" Bethany said pinching Joselyn's cheek.

Joselyn smiled, "Just like you and Luke?"

"Oh shush." Bethany said. "We're not dating or anything, Miss One Year Anniversary!"

Joselyn laughed at her as she went into her room to pick out her outfit.

After getting her clothes together, Bethany lended Joselyn some white flats because she said her feet would hurt later. Joselyn got dressed and so did Bethany. At four o'clock they ate a few Goldfish as a snack and then went to applying make-up.

"He'll think you'll look beautiful. Don't worry." Bethany assured Joselyn of Connor's opinion.

"B-But what if he forgets?" Joselyn asked applying mascara.

"He won't. It's new year's how can he forget?" Bethany replied lining her lips with a coat of no smudge lipstick. After all she planned to have a midnight kiss with Luke and planned on looking good afterwards.

"Stop with the self doubt. You'll be fine." Bethany said putting her hands on Joselyn's shoulders.

"Fine." Joselyn sighed.

"Good, now you ready?" Bethany said puckering up her lips to check for minor mistakes in the bathroom mirror.

"Yeah, let's go." Joselyn said and ran to her room to grab her purse.

Arriving, Bethany parked the car in Connor's garage and Bethany stayed behind to make a phone call. Or at least, that's what Bethany told Joselyn.