chapter five

Chinatown was amazing.

The Chinese culture was just fascinating within itself. All of the shops were so much fun to look around in, and it was very interesting to go in the markets and look at the never ending array of Oriental foods and delicacies. I bought a few nick-knacks here and there; most of the things were relatively cheap. I also ate dinner there and ordered chow fun, a traditional dish. It consisted of wide rice noodles stir fried with shrimp and vegetables with a savory sauce drizzled on top. It was exquisite.

I ended my trip after dinner since I wanted to get back home. I decided that I was going to go through with my plan.

I drove home and took my time, not being in a rush. When I arrived back to the house, it was 9:30 seeing as I ate a later dinner. I touched up my natural looking makeup, making it look just a tad bit more noticeable. I changed out my combat books for Nova’s black creepers that I was surprised that she didn’t bring with her. I looked at the time when I finished touching myself up, and noticed that it only took about 15 minutes.

I grabbed my purse and locked the door behind me once again and got into my car.

I remembered that the name of the concert venue from last night was “The Black Room” so I typed it into Google Maps and followed the fifteen minute route it took me on.

I arrived and noticed that another concert was going on to my relief; this would make the whole ordeal less awkward that I showed up again. I went ahead in the direction of the blaring music; I thought it would be fun to lose myself in some music first.

The same bouncer as the night before was working, but tonight, you paid him instead of the guy inside. He smiled at me and said “Back so soon?”

“Yep, I couldn’t stay away.” He laughed and took my money while smiling at me.

I walked in and the first thing I noticed was the music. Instead of punk like last night, there was an indie band up on stage.  I still dug it though.

I stayed inside for about half an hour before I decided to go out back and see if there was another fight going on, and hoping that the grey eyed man would be there. It was just about ten minutes before the fight took place last night, so if there was one going on tonight, I imagined that it would be at roughly the same time.

I opened the back door and a huge smile spread across my lips when I heard cheering and shouting, and it seemed to be even louder tonight.

However, when I got to the area where the fight was taking place, I was disappointed to not see the man fighting.

The fight going on looked like it would be a big deal though, so I decided that I would stay and watch.

Tonight, I didn’t bother pushing my way up towards the very front of the crowd; I was fine where I was in the middle. I close enough to the front where I could clearly see the fight that was going on, but I wasn’t the first person to start beginning of the hoards of people.

The two men fighting looked like they were fair opponents, both an average height with an average amount of muscle. Both of the men were also middle aged and had tattoos covering their naked chests and beards covering their faces.

The men circled around each other, waiting for the right time to go in for the swing. The waiting didn’t last long, however, when the man with the longer and darker beard charged towards the other man. The man to make the first move was fast and agile, getting the first punch to the other man’s jaw. The man’s head that just got punched flew back and he nearly fell to the ground, but he caught himself in time.

The man with the lighter and shorter beard pulled his fist back and attempted to punch the other man, but he was fast enough to dodge the blow and flew forward and landed another punch to the man in front of him. It was clear who was more experienced between the two.