chapter three

It’s been four days since I’ve arrived in San Francisco and started staying with the girls.

I learned that they are all a year older than me, making them 19. They met each other in their freshman year of high school in a suburb about 45 minutes east of the city. They graduated last year, and Aspen and Nova are both attending California College of the Arts, while Oakley attends San Francisco State University. All of their parents must be very wealthy to send them to those colleges and pay part of the rent on this townhouse.

All of the girls go to college every day, even if it’s just one class, so there is always a point during the day where I’m by myself in the house. Since I don’t know anybody here, and don’t know any of the local shops and restaurants, I basically just stay in the house all day. There is a large bay window with a window seat in one of the front rooms that I sit on fairly frequently and watch the people walk up and down the sidewalk. It’s a lot of fun actually, because I’ve never gotten to see a diversity of people before, and now I finally have the chance to.

While I’m sitting on the window seat, I hear the front door open and close and Aspen comes into the room I’m currently in.

“Hey! So the girls and I have plans to officially take you out and show you the city tonight,” she said with a devilish smirk.

I was definitely up to get out of the house and go have some fun.

“Totally! When are we leaving?”

“7. We’re gonna go get some dinner then go show you all the best spots.” Aspen relied.

I checked the time on my phone seeing that it was 5:45.

“The girls should be home by six.” Aspen informed me.  “Want to get ready? I have this outfit in mind that would look great on you.”

*****

A whole entire hour later, I was completely ready.

Nova and Oakley got home about 40 minutes ago, and they got ready in a maximum of 20 minutes.

All three of the girls took part in my “transformation” as they liked to call it, to an official city girl.

My hair was currently natural and hanging down to my mid lower back and a black, plain, wide-brimmed hat was on top of my head, and my usual gold nose ring in place. I had natural makeup on that Aspen did, and it looks fantastic, seeing as she was majoring to be a professional makeup artist. As for my clothes, I was wearing my old jean jacket that was covered in vintage pins, which I had to order online, as there were no shops around me that sold that sort of thing. Underneath my jacket was a plain black, loose-fitting t shirt with a front pocket, and a red, plaid, punk style skirt that went to my mid thigh. I had sheer black tights on to cover my legs since it was mid-February  and pretty chilly here, and my old black combat boots on my feet that I basically always wear.

We were all in Nova’s car on the way to a marvelous Italian place as they tell me.

Once we got there and walked inside, the teenage boy that was working as a bus boy immediately greeted Nova, Oakley, and Aspen. It was obvious to me that they came here often, so the employees knew them.

Nova introduced me to the boy who looked to be about 17, informing me that his name was Milo. We exchanged quick pleasantries, luckily for me his boss called him back to the kitchen before he could ask me any questions about my life.

We sat down at the nearest unoccupied table, a waiter quickly coming to get our drink orders.

The girls discussed what they were getting, and all decided that I should get their prosciutto and melon as a starter, and a slice of their sausage and mushroom pizza.