Let's Link Up

*Apologies for the sped-up music. It was the only version of the song that was available!

(Song of the scene is up above!)

SCENE 15

Zoe is looking around the college for Craig. She gets to her locker, where she stops to grab a bottle of water. As soon as she shuts the locker, it reveals Craig, standing behind it.

Craig: Delivery for you.

Zoe: Do you always magically appear behind there?

Craig: I did say I tend to appear at the right place at the right time.

Zoe: Of course - I 100% remember you telling me that. By the way... I wanted to ask you something.

Craig: I wanted to ask you something too.

Zoe: Erm... do you wanna go first?

Craig: Sure, if that's OK.

Zoe: Go ahead.

Craig: I was thinking maybe we could go watch something at the cinema?

Zoe: OMG, Craig - I was about to ask the same thing!

Craig: Then I guess that means we don't have to give each other an answer. It'll be fun! Just you and me.

Zoe: Erm... well, actually... I was hoping to invite some other people too.

Craig: Like who?

Zoe: Just some close friends of mine.

Craig: Including Kwabena and Charli?

Zoe: Of course! Plus Jasmine too.

Craig: Cool, then. I may as well also invite some people too.

Zoe: Like... Caspian and Christopher?

Craig: How did you know I was gonna say them?

Zoe: I know about your drama club, silly.

Craig: Oh, yeah, that reminds me - Kwabena was so mad in our Theatre Club session today. His performance was actually so good!

Zoe: I taught him! I am a professional actress, after all.

Craig: You must have sweeped that Grade 9 in Drama last year.

Zoe: Well, actually, I got a 6.

Craig: A 6, Zoe? I can't believe it! You're the biggest drama queen I know!

Zoe playfully punches him. He pretends that the punch hurts, and then playfully headlocks her. Zoe squeals in laughter. They then end up hugging and laughing.

Zoe: Craig?

Craig drags out his speech.

Craig: Yes?

Zoe: Will you sit next to me at the cinema?

Craig: Of course, baby.

Zoe: And will you hold my hand if I get scared?

Craig: Better. I'll wrap my arm around you... and scare those evil monsters away... with my raging hot dog breath.

Zoe chuckles.

Zoe: And will you share your hot dog with me?

Craig: You'd think that after being here, you would have had enough of fast food, Zoe. I literally see you eating some sort of takeaway every day.

Zoe stares at him sarcastically.

But... yeah - maybe I could buy some nachos or something.

Zoe: Thank you, my sweet, red haired darling.

Craig: My hair's not red!

Zoe: It's a lot of things. I would personally say your hair is closer to a light, sandy brown.

Craig: How oddly specific... I can't even tell if you're blonde or brunette.

Zoe: I'm a brunette. But I dyed my hair chestnut brown, with pink and blonde in it. Do you like the colours?

Craig: They make you look like a Barbie doll, love.

Zoe: Aww, thanks!

She gets closer to him.

That means you're my Ken.

Craig: Maybe I am.

He kisses her.

But honestly... I prefer Transformers.

There is a pause between them, before they start laughing and walk together out of the corridor.