Chapter Three

"Why are you staring?" Ryleigh teases, poking my side. I laugh. 

"Because your eyes are conveniently my favorite shade of blue." I say. 

"Aww." He says with a light blush on his cheeks. 

He lays on his side and plays with my hair, staring at my face as he does. Him playing with my hair slowly makes me fall asleep and even in my deep sleep, I can hear Ryleigh's voice as he talks 'to' me. 

"I know you're probably asleep and probably can't hear me, but ... I've loved you for a long time. I let you into the Gang because you're a serious badass and it's amazing how you make me feel. I know I do a lot of stupid things, but I will NEVER hurt you. Never. I won't let anything hurt you. You are my everything." He says. 

His hands stop playing with my hair and end up wrapping around me, pulling me closer against his chest; protecting me. I keep dreaming for about an hour before I wake up. 

"Ryleigh?" I ask. 

"I'm here, Shy." He says, releasing me just enough to where I can scoot up to look him in the eyes.

"Hey." I say, smiling.

"You're so cute." Ryleigh says. He kisses my nose and my forehead. I blush and smile more. "That's adorable, too." He says, kissing my cheek then my lips. I kiss him back and smile. When he pulls back, I can't help but to smile and nuzzle my head under his chin to cuddle with him some more. 

Ryleigh wraps his arms around me again and this time, he falls asleep. I take this opportunity to tell him how I feel. 

"Ryleigh Christopher Chase. I've known I loved you for a long time. Since the day you came to me and said you wanted me in your Gang. I knew I wanted to be yours the day you nicknamed me 'Shy.' The looks in your eyes when you look at me... it's amazing. I love you, Leigh." I say, then I add, "I will never hurt you. No matter what anyone else says to me." I conclude this when his eyes open. 

"You really mean that? You love me?" He asks. His eyes sparkling with tears. 

"Yes." The tears in Ryleigh's eyes spill over and I gently wipe them away. When I see this, I realize that even though Ryleigh is a gang leader and does a lot of bad stuff, he's still the sweetest person I know. Even a Great White has a soft side. I chuckle at that thought and Ryleigh's gaze falls on me. 

"What's so funny?" Leigh asks. 

"I was making an analogy. It was funny." I say, shrugging. Ryleigh pulls me close again and we both fall asleep.