Chapter 2 - "Your Dads Dead"

~Sorry if there were any mistakes last chapter, as I could say this is my first book 😀~
Author ❤️
•••
"No"
...
"Mum no, you're lying"
...
"Say something"
...
"Say anything"
I say all of these but she won't reply, I hear three beeps as the phone hangs up.  Most of the class looking at me in disbelief.  And some excited because of the gossip they would share.

My hearts beat and tears are dripping out of my eyes, I hear a voice.

"Maci, I am so sorry I made you put that on speaker I am so sorry, your excused.  I understand if you would like to report me" he babbled on obviously caring about his job more than my well-being.

I look up at the old teacher, himself probably being a father.  He was still talking trying to make amends.

"Just shut it, I don't want to know.  You can just piss off" I stand up in shock and leave the classroom I had to get home.  I stumble along the empty corridors, dragging my feet to make a scraping noise. 

As I finally reach the blue doors to exit, I start thinking how this was going to be a normal day at school and it went so wrong.  I take my bag off my back and chuck it into the bin and say "I won't be needing these anymore".  I still cry though, I cry all the way home,  I cry until I pull up.  I lay my head on top of the steering wheel and breath.

I get out of the car and walk towards the door opening the door.

"Mum" my voice comes out in a whisper, but due to the quietness of the home, she herd me.

I see her walking through with a glass of wine in her hand, her eyes bloodshot. "Wanna' glass?"

"How could you drink at a time like this, mum.  You haven't even explained to me what happened.  I don't know why my own father died.  AND YOUR DRINKING WINE"  My face red, not from flushing, not from embarrassment but from pure anger.

"Be a good girl and do your homework, schools tomorrow"  she smiled like nothing was worrying her.

"Mum" I reach out to wipe away the tear falling away from her cheek, but she steps backwards and looks down.  I can't believe she asked me to do my homework.  Without my dad school was going to be terrible, I would have to protect myself, I walk upstairs and sit on my bed.  I now am emotionless. No tears, no fast heart beat ... nothing. 

My phone started beeping in my pocket I saw endless amounts of notifications such as:

Jenn : It's all around school what happened, I am so sorry for your loss.  Hope to see you soon Maci-Lee ❤️

Dave : R.I.P for your Father 🙏

Jess : Hope to see your happy face soon, can't believe he went so young.  Text me if you ever need to talk. 💞

Leslie : Dk how you'll cope, you always say how much your dad means to you 💓

Jay : I'm sorry for your loss ❤️

I start to laugh, there were endless amounts of these texts.  Most of them I have never really spoken to. 

Most of them however had made fun of me and pushed me around.  I hear a clunking down stairs. My mum probably reaching for another glass of wine.  I grit my teeth in anger.  This isn't how your meant to deal with grief. 

I thought about the words said to me, the laughs that have been aimed at me.  Me being invisible.

This would have to change.