0.00; An Awakening

Niall Horan laid in his bed as the sun rose and listened to the birds as they started to chirp. They were awaking alongside Niall – something Niall was used to now. The trees that were blacked out by the cover of nightfall just hours ago started to regain their colour. It’s strange how the night can turn even the most beautiful colour green into a dark shade of black. Niall’s eyes were squinted when he looked across his room to the clock he had mounted on his wall last month when he and his family first moved to this house.

06:23am

A heavy sigh escaped through Niall’s nostrils as he leaned backwards into his pillow. He was exhausted, but he deserved it. He was the one who insisted on staying up all night long. In fact, he insisted on staying up every night for the past consecutive three nights, and in reality, he’d probably lay completely awake by the time night fell again.

His being bothered him, and quite frankly, he had started scaring himself with the things he was starting to be able to do. He knew he was special, and that he wasn’t sickly or dying, but why him? Why was he given this pressure of powers that had no explanation? It wasn’t fair, and Niall hated it. He wanted none of this, but there wasn’t much he could do. He didn’t even know how to tell his mother that he was gifted.

It wasn’t long till Niall stood in his mother’s doorway, watching over her as she slept through the rising sun. Through the cracks of her blinded window, her room slowly started to light up and Niall’s mother turned over; her back facing her son, just a few steps away from her.

“Mum.” Niall croaked, not bothering to lower his voice, “Wake up now.” This made her slump up on her shoulder, still turned away from her son. She groaned, making an intensive effort as she turned over to look at her blonde haired baby, but instead of asking him what he wanted, she let out a shriek and a gasp. She screamed as Niall stood there; running a knife’s blade along his neck, blood spilling out of him. Her cries filled the small room, but Niall still stood.

To show her more of what he was capable of, he started to cut along his arms and torso. As he followed through with this, his mother’s cries dimmed and she started to question her own sanity. Surely, she was dreaming.

“Mum,” Niall said, looking down to his naked, blood stained, stomach, “I’m gifted.” He then closed his eyes, focusing on the sensation of feeling good, all while imagining his body, before he opened it up with the knife. He heard his mother gasp. He knew she was watching, and he knew she was going to be bothered by it. When he opened his eyes, he no longer had a large slit in his throat, or had any of the cuts on his arms or torso. He was cured, “Why can I do this?”

But instead of getting the response he wanted, his mother started to scream out, “Why now, why now!” She was beside herself. She pushed past her son and ran back to his room. Niall, more confused than he was initially, followed her.

“Why’re you packing my things?” He asked, but she blatantly ignored him, and this upset Niall. “Why! Tell me!” But every time he screamed at her, she would just panic more and move quicker as she packed her son’s room away into as many suit cases as needed.

Later that day, without any explanation, Niall’s mother called him a taxi, but it wasn’t any regular taxi. She stood next to him on their door front as it pulled up, in it’s blackened glory. She started towards it, reaching behind her for Niall’s hand, but he didn’t offer it.

The driver stayed in his seat, but two bodies came out of the back seats, “Niall, you have to go away for awhile.” His mother spoke softly, caressing his cheek, “I can’t mother you any more.” Her voice was so soft that it was almost inaudible.

“No.” Niall didn’t understand. He wouldn’t understand. His feet were glued to the ground as he refused to follow his mother any further, “You can’t do this to me.” He wanted to scream, but knew if he did, it’d draw attention, and he didn’t want that.

“But I have to.” His mother’s voice cracked as a new filter of tears trickled down her cheeks. She brushed them off as the two men walked past her, both grabbing a side of Niall. They picked him up and carried him off to the car.

“What are you doing to me? You bitch! You’re wicked!” But before he could finish his tantrum, he was thrown into the backseat of the taxi with the two men.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome to, 'The Coven', please sit back and enjoy the ride! This story was inspired by American Horror Story Coven. Some ideas are taken from that, but if you watched that season of the show, you'll see where the differences are.

Okay, this is the prologue. Please, what are your thoughts, tell me! Goodness, my brain is everywhere right now! This fic is going to be a Narry fic [praise]. 

I WANT TO KNOW ALL YOUR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS, SUSPICIONS... JUST EVERYTHING, so you all better comment! 

FAN

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT