Chapter 9

Gladion sat straight up, shaking himself from a nightmare of being forced to join Team Skull again. He looked around, confused as to why he was in a motel room. As the memories of the night before, he buried his head in his hands. There was a knocking on the door.

"Gladion? Are you in there?" Lana.

"I'm here, Lana," Gladion said, his voice raspy. 

"Moon is here. She wants to talk to you."

Gladion leaned back and stared at the ceiling. "Let her in."

"Gladion?" Moon said. The door shut behind her. 

"Hey, Moon." Gladion didn't look at her. 

"Are you alright? I know you're probably mad with me." Moon sat on the bed near Gladion.

"I- I'm not mad at you." His voice caught.

"Gladion."

Gladion sat up suddenly. "Okay, maybe I am mad at you. Because you just-you just tease me." He looked at Moon. "That boy. He hurt you. He made me want to...like I was back in Team Skull."

Moon's eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry." She moved forward, taking his face in her hands. "I promise you, you will never have to be in Team Skull." She put her forehead to his. "Never" 

Gladion hugged her tightly, tears spilling down his cheeks. They stayed there for a moment. Gladion pulled back and cupped Moon's face in his hands. "Moon... I-I love you. So much. More than you could ever know." 

"Gladion, I...me too..." Moon whispered, her voice hoarse with crying. 

Gladion gently pulled her face forward and kissed her deeply. 

A loud knock on the door was heard. "you guys? Can you hurry up in there? We're all getting pretty hungry and Kiawe is grumpy." Lana called from outside. 

Gladion and Moon swiftly pulled apart. With a wink, Moon stood and pulled Gladion up. "Coming, Lana!" 

As they walked to the door, Gladion intertwined his fingers with Moon's, squeezing once. "Never again," he promised.

                                                                                          ~End~  

Thank you all for staying with me through this story! I know I never updated but I kind of got out of Wattpad.