2 Year Anniversary/Tribute to Wattpad

A/n:

Guys this is a very emotional time right now. I joined Wattpad April 17, 2016 (I'm late on this it's the 22nd now lol), and I've gotten through some hard times because of my 'fans.' Do I even call you guys that? Nah, I'll call you my babies/readers. So I have a tribute to Wattpad.

Dear Creators of this beautiful platform and readers,

I thank you so much for creating something as open minded, as a fanfiction writing company. Everyone dreams of being something, I dream of being an actress. I know cliché, some people want to bake, be a secretary, direct, HECK! Even write, I wish to overcome my fears and hard times by doing things I love. One of those things I love is writing.

On April 17, 2016:

I joined this platform secretly, hiding from everyone. In 2016, I was in a bad place, I was overweight, and being bullied. Yes I'm okay now, I am the right size for my age group. I wanted to read, read without looking at pages, read from people that are like me. I decided to start writing this book. To start writing about Aphmau, who is honestly such a good role model, and I support her all the way. I was horrible at writing, but you guys still read that horrible writing. Slowly, I took classes, showing me how to accurately write dialogue, I made friends on this page. Friends who didn't know what I looked like, but still talked to me, and loved me for who I am. I've met one of those friends in real life, she is amazing. She shares what I love, Stranger Things, and It. We talk about it everyday at school, and I love her for being there with me.

On December 21, 2016:

I decided to show my face, that was a giant leap of faith. I was scared, and nervous. I know if I was scared, I shouldn't have done it, but being dumb I did it anyway. You guys showed me so much love, by saying I was beautiful, which I did not think I was, but you said it anyway. 

Some date along the way:

I hit 24.3k reads, and it was awesome. Dude I slammed my phone in my mom's facing shouting that I made it. And that people actually read what I write. Of course, I don't let my mom read my stories, because she'll judge me. Love you mom. I was bragging left and right to my friends, then I watched Stranger Things. It changed my life forever, I even went to Gaten Mattarazzo's concert a few weeks ago. Have a signed picture too, but I just want to say. Thank you, thank you for getting me through hard times, making me laugh. Especially the comments, comments kill me. Thank you and goodbye.

Sincerely,

Mya