10

So, I usually don't ever plan my chapters out. I just have an idea and I run with it and see what happens! But a couple of nights ago I thought of this chapter and  I ACTUALY sat down and hand wrote an outline for this chapter. Although as I typed, I didn't exactly follow my outline, I found it a lot easier for me to write this chapter and have better quality! This isn't really important, I just wanted to let you guys know (for all thought who actually read this blurb comment #creeperstatus and I will love you forever!) SOOOO yeah! I think I'll start pre-planning my chapters now! It may take more time but the quality is better!!!

“Johnathan, when you have time, could you come into the office for a minute please?” Johnathan’s father asked.

Johnathan was skeptical, as always, of his father. When he received the call from him to come up to his office, Johnathan knew that there was something was wrong. His father never asked, he commanded or demanded.

As Johnathan made his way to the office, his mind lingered to Mary. It wasn’t a hard decision to make that he was attracted to her. She was outspoken, determined and not afraid to speak her mind to him. Though he wasn’t one to pursue lasting relationships, he wondered if he should give Mary a shot.

He walked into his father’s office without knocking and sat down. Spreading his long legs out, Johnathan made himself comfortable because he didn’t know how long he would be forced to endure his father’s presence.

“Johnathan, how are you doing?” his father began, trying to sound nonchalant.

Before he could continue, Johnathan interrupted, “Cut the crap and get to business before I leave. I’m in no mood for nonsense,” he said with no emotion in his voice.

Johnathan could see that he was irritating his father, but he didn’t care. Whatever his father had planned, Johnathan knew that he didn’t want to be a part of it, no matter how much he was buttered up.

Huffing in agitation, the senior Knightly continued what he was saying, “As you know, our sole competitor is Brighton Corporation,” he paused to look at his son, who was stifling a yawn.

Johnathan rolled his eyes, “I know father, it wasn’t expected for them to be so profitable or competitive. Really, it’s not a big a deal,” he stated.

Johnathan waited for his father to make a comment on his behavior. When he didn’t, Johnathan slouched more, trying to push the limits of his father’s patience.

The senior Knightly frowned as he pulled a thick manila envelope from the top drawer of his desk. Slapping it down in front of Johnathan, he replied, “Look at this and tell me that it’s not a big deal.”

Johnathan cocked an eyebrow before reaching for the envelope. Pulling out papers, all he saw was random data with no context and Mary’s name. Pursing his lips, he tried to make out whatever cryptic message that his father had given him. When he couldn’t he sighed and pushed the stack of papers back to his father.

“I don’t know what you want me to see from the data, there’s no context,” Johnathan said with exasperation.