Prologue

The only thing Baekhyun remembered was leaving the cafe.

He was thinking on getting a cup of coffee on his way back to his flat when he saw his girlfriend making out with another guy next to the cafe.

He was hurt, of course, but he had convinced himself that it was probably for the best. The girl hasn't specifically been a good influence to Baekhyun. He wants to graduate college and succeed on being an actor while all she ever did was boys, alcohol, and cigarettes.

He remembered he had been standing there until she saw him and pushed the guy away. She ran to him and apologized and spitting out bullsh*t. Baekhyun only smiled before he turned away, holding back tears. But then, everything else was black.

Just a few seconds after the black, he managed to open his eyes and found himself lying on the ground. He felt the rough asphalt under him. His head a bit dizzy and spinning around but he got up his feet.

He closed his eyes for a bit to reduce the pain in his head before he opened his eyes and realized that he wasn't where he was before. It was a whole new different place. *cue aladdin's a whole new world, ok sorry*

He was in the middle of a road. Both sides of the road was packed with little closed shops. The only light was the lamppost next to him. He tried to read the words written on banners around him, figuring he'd get at least a clue to where he was, but his head hadn't recovered completely and everything was still spinning.

As if it's not bad enough, a small man hit him as he was running. Baekhyun gained focus and frowned at the running man. A few others in police uniforms came running after him.

Baekhyun hesitated for a while because he thought it might not be healthy for a man who'd just passed out to run after police officers who were running after a fugitive. But then if he didn't, he might not have any idea as to where he is currently.

He shook his head, telling himself it was a bad idea, before he prepared to run. Before he did though, a man pulled him into a dark alley and pointed a gun at him.

"Whoa, whoa!" Baekhyun brought his hand up and looked at the man. He couldn't clearly see his face in the dark and not to mention he was hooded. "Why are you pointing a gun at me?"

Baekhyun saw the man smiled under his hood.

"To kill you, of course." The man's voice was deep and husky that it scared Baekhyun to the point of peeing himself.

"W-why would you want to kill me?" Baekhyun asked, choking in fear.

"Money." The man nonchalantly said. He pulled the trigger.