Roomies

A/N Living the university life. The boys' apartment is drool-worthy.  Love that balcony! Luca's bedroom is the upper left one by itself. Munroe has the upper right and Olie has the lower right.

Luca, Olie and Roe are in a hotel room discussing what to look for in an apartment.

"It has to have three bedrooms and preferably two bathrooms." Olie insisted, waving his hands for emphasis.

"I don't really need a room to myself.  I could keep sharing with Olie. I'm used to it."

"Hell no! I love you Roe but I want my own room for when I bring home girls." chuckles suggestively, "or boys. If you share a room with Luca though, I can support that." He winks at Luca.

Luca tactfully ignores the sharing a room statement,  "Are you planning to cheat on Maya?"

"It's no problem. We broke up." Olie states casually.

"What? When? You didn't say anything about it." Roe asks, surprised.

"It was just last night. We had a long talk about what we want to do and decided this would be best. Since she is going abroad to study it would be really hard to stay together. Neither of us wanted a situation where we break up over the phone. So we agreed to break up happily as friends and root for each other to have a fun time at school." Olie seemed genuinely unfazed by the breakup. 

"That's actually very reasonable. As long as you're both ok, then it's fine." Luca said as Roe nodded in agreement.

"Thanks. Sorry I didn't mention it sooner. It just hadn't come up yet." Olie shrugged and flashed an apologetic smile.

The guys went back to looking at online ads for apartments. 

"So. Three bedrooms, close to uni, two bathrooms. What else? " Luca asked. 

"A balcony and a nice kitchen for Roe to cook in!" added Olie.

Roe chuckled, "I'm fine with anything. As long as I can afford my part of the rent. " 

Munroe was able to get a full scholarship to attend four years of uni. He would never be able to attend otherwise. Luckily, Gramma Looney gave him a sizable amount of money as a graduation gift as did the Summerfield's. His mom had even managed to save a bit for him. 

As long as he kept to a budget, he would have enough to live off of for two years at uni. He plans to work every summer to add to his savings. 

The guys narrowed down their choices to several apartments and headed out to see them. After a tiring day of looking, they didn't like any of them.

"Uhg. Why is it so hard to find a good place?" Olie whined as he flopped onto one of the couches in the hotel suite. 

"Because you're pickier than a newlywed," Luca teased. "We'll only be living here a few years at most you do realize right?"

"Nuuu! Luca, college life is super important. We only get to do it once and I want it all perfect for us. You understand right, Roe?" Olie jumps up from the couch, grabs Roe's hand clutching it dramatically, "grumpy big brother wants us to live in a hovel."

"Yes yes, Olie, you only want what's best we understand." Roe pats Olie's head patronizingly, but Olie doesn't notice, sticking his tongue out at Luca smugly. 

Sighing Luca holds his hands up in defeat, "I need to head to the campus for now. I've got a meeting with professor Grey to go over my classes for this semester. I'll see you guys later." Luca stated as he got ready to leave.