Ch 1: The start

A young child about 4 years old with misty grey eyes and brown shaggy hair sits on a chair in a cold, bare room as he sucks on his thumb. The walls are covered with white and the only other colours the child can see is the colour of his skin and on his shirt and shorts, his shirt is of a simple design ,it is plain white but in red on the centre of his shirt is #01, and his shorts are also plain white .

The child rocks nervously on the plastic chair as he sucks his thumb. The child looks around to find anything interesting but only finds two doors one where he came through when he was put in this room which is located at the front of the room, and the other at the back which leads to a toilet and shower area and next to it another door that leads to a bed area. His attention is drawn to the metal door at the front of the room when he hears footsteps behind it. When the door opens his grey eyes stare into that of the blue eyes of the doctor.

The doctor stands at the door dressed in a large white lab coat in which looks rather new due to the lack of dirt or stains on the white surface. The doctor's dark black hair stands out in such a white room and the young boys' attention is immediately drawn to it.

Timidly the boy moves to the corner of the room and turns to face away from the doctor before he continues to suck his thumb.

"Hello, 01"

The boy flinches and slowly turns around to face the doctor, 01 has a bewildered expression on his face as he hears the new sounds. The doctor chuckles in response and moves over to kneel down in front of 01.

"I've got a present for you!"

01 tilts his face again at the invading voice, he continues to stare at the doctor with confusion. Knowing the boy does not understand him the doctor just chuckles at the response. The doctor reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small wolf teddy.

The wolf is of a light grey and matches the eyes of 01. 01 immediately reaches out his hands in a grabbing motion. The doctor smiles and lets the boy take the wolf teddy from his hands. The doctor ruffles the boy's hair before starting to walk out the room, he is stopped on his way out the room when 01 clutches the back of his lab coat. The doctor turns around to see the young boy smiling up at him, he ruffles the boy's hair again before smiling back, the boy releases and then the doctor leaves the room.

01 watches the metal door shut with a sad expression but looking back at the wolf teddy in his hand he smiles. The boy attempts to say present but it ends up sounding more like "pesent". 01 runs his fingers across the smooth fur of the wolf teddy as he smiles. 01 begins to feel tired and as he clutches the wolf teddy against him he lays down on the floor and promptly falls asleep.

The corridors in the facility were metal with small lights strung from the ceiling. Opposite 01's room was the main research room and next to it was the nursery with 6 beds. 01's was removed earlier that day. The main research room had 5 different doctors. There were several different stations. One of them is a research station on hybrids and another one of them is a research station on wolves. One doctor was at each station. The room was made from both metal and concrete and there was one small window on the wall, next to this window was an archway that led to the toilet and shower area and also the sleeping quarters for the doctors. The nursery was full of colours, above each bed was a mobile each consisting of various animals. and the beds were pure white, in contrast to this the walls were of the scenery of forests and fields of roses with bright blue skies.

In the research room, the doctors were having a discussion.

"Oy!, Jack is it true that you got to see the halfling?!" A doctor yelled.

"Yeah I did, he was such a sweet boy," Jack said with a downcast expression.

"SWEET?! Guys do you hear this! He called the halfling sweet!" The doctors shared a laugh, all but Jack.