[3.3] - " sorry "

if any of y'all read my other stories, this chapter and future ones are gonna feature characters from other books lol

this chapter features:
yang kiyoung from mixtape

mentions: 
hayden wu from pen pals

there will be tons of cameos soon~ look forward to it~

- - - 

"Wah," Taehyun breathed out slowly and looked around at the boys surrounding her. "I don't even know where to start." 

"Start with when the fuck you joined Pledis, you hoe." Jongdae huffed, crossing his legs sassily. "And how about explaining why we didn't know until about a year ago. Get talking, boo."

The female snickered and leaned back into the soft, plushy couch she was seated on. "Buckle up, bitches. It's story time, mama's got a lot to tell."

"Taehyun," Baekhyun scoffed, rolling his eyes at the girl, "You're the youngest person in this room right now."

Taehyun waved him off before starting her tale.

"Alright, so, I left SM in... February of 2013? When I was fifteen. There was about a two month break from being a trainee before I was street cast by JYP Entertainment. I did two follow up auditions but decided that it wasn't the right fit for me, so we parted ways on a good note after a month of back-and-forth communications."

"Wait, wait, wait!" Suho shouted out, stopping her mid-story. "You're telling me you got cast by JYP Entertainment... And you turned them down?!"

"Uh... Yes? I just said that?" She blinked at the leader through dull eyes.

Chanyeol reached over and flicked her forehead with the deadest look he could muster. "Yah, Kim Taehyun. You're an idiot."

Tae rubbed at her head with a frown, "Oi, you trying to fight me, ya long ass bastard?"

The man leaned back and shook his head slowly.

The female scowled and shook her head, "It wasn't working out for me. JYP and I communicated frequently and I eventually told him that I felt that they took on cutesy approaches far too often for me to be comfortable with. In the end, it came down to my discomfort of being stuck in the same loop of cute girl group approaches."

She sighed, "I was only fifteen, but I knew myself well enough to know it wasn't for me. It still isn't. Cutesy concepts have never been for me, you all know that. JYP told me he respected my decision and we left it at that. We still frequently communicate, though. He's very helpful."

Yixing whistled lowly and softly whispered, "Damn."

"Then, about two months later, Pledis had their regional casting. I auditioned purely because I missed trainee life, and because I was really into After School at the time. I knew that they didn't stick their girl groups primarily to cute concepts, and I was into it, so I auditioned.

"After five rounds of auditions and three follow-ups, I officially became a trainee under Pledis Entertainment in July of 2013, just five months after being let go from SM." She smiled momentarily.

"I immediately bonded with the other girls. I was really used to being the youngest at SM, so imagine my luck when I went to Pledis, and found out I was older than most of them. Nayoung unnie is the only one older than me out of the group."

"Aww, from maknae line, to unnie line." Xiumin patted her head endearingly before pulling her to rest against his side, "My baby had to grow up so fast."