Battleground (Chapter 11)

A/N:

Skipped Chapter 10? You didn't miss anything at all. Nothing important so no Biggie.

-----------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV

France.

A track that was taken out of the F1 calendar for ten long years due to poor funding, finally makes its comeback into the league.

Circuit Paul Ricard is located near the small commune of Le Castellet. With its three perfect long straights and 15 corners in total, make this one of the tracks I am definitely looking forward to.

Tzuyu was excited for this race too even though she has never raced this track before because of its hiatus.

"What a beautiful layout. We can definitely ace this race with ease." Tzuyu said as I studied the map layout together with her inside the garage.

"Let's hope that Haquah bitch doesn't get in the way with his new Red Bull strategies... I heard the Red Bull team has got some new strategies and new setups for this race..." I muttered.

"We can do this, baby... Mercedes will always be the best with the two of us." Tzuyu said as she straddled me.

She lent her forehead against mine and gave me a little peck on the lips.

"We'll show Haquah who's the boss of F1." Tzuyu grinned evilly.

"Lets." I grinned back as I cupped her chin.

"Alright chop chop you two, time for us to bring the cars out for the practice." Our manager said.

After the same old procedures were carried out, me and Tzuyu were finally on the track doing our flying lap.

"Lock a good timing you two. Make us the first team to lock pole in France after the hiatus." Our manager said through the intercom as we started our first lap.

"Whoooo!! What a circuit!!" Tzuyu exclaimed as she maxed out her car's limits on the straight bit of the track.

Her words were all being heard clearly through the intercom. I couldn't just help myself but to chuckle at her cuteness.

As time passed, I continued along locking fast timings on the grid. Until, my intercom rang out.

"Come on Y/N, speed up. Haquah just took your pole by 5 milliseconds." My manager said.

"What utter bullshit." I groaned our loudly and continued speeding along the track.

I caught up to Haquah as he was starting to drive back into the pit lane. He flashed a big thumbs up as I raced past him at 140km/h.

(DRS - Drag Reduction System)
I growled as my DRS finally kicks in. I floored hard on the acceleration as I took on Turn 1 for the 5th time.

I saw my girlfriend rushing around the track up ahead of me.

She was struggling with the corners as I watch her fly off the track and into the grass around it.

I blew a flying kiss to her as I raced past her whilst she rejoins the track.

I looked back at my wing mirrors and saw that she returned the kiss. I was getting motivated to do my ultimate best even though this is just practice rounds.

I handled the next 14 corners with ease and finally zoomed past the finish line.

"How I do?" I asked through the intercom.

"Excellent one. Fastest timing in the circuit. You have beaten Haquah out of the pole by three milliseconds. Well done." My manager said with a happy tone.

"Yes!! In your face Haquah!!" I yelled out as I continued to finish my final round to park the car up.

Once the car got back into the pit lane and garage. I took my helmet off and grabbed a bottle of water, sipping it down instantly because I was feeling hot as hell.

Tzuyu shortly afterwards came into the pits and parked her car up. She too took off her helmet and grabbed a bottle of water.

"I'm proud of you, babe." Tzuyu said as she flashed me her thumbs up.

"Thanks for the motivation on the track... Flying kisses always lightens me..." I said and hugged Tzuyu.

Tzuyu hugged me back and then gave me a sweet kiss on the lips.

"Physical kisses are always better, dear..." Tzuyu chuckled.

"Always..." I chuckled and grabbed another water bottle and chugged it down.

"Jeez, someone is thirsty..." Tzuyu giggled.

"It's hot as hell in the car, Tzu." I chuckled.

Tzuyu got close to me, leaning her back on my body. "Aren't I hot too?" She said with a low husky voice.

"Yeah. The heat from your body and the sweat coming down says so." I said with a chuckle, ruining Tzuyu's flirty attempt.

Tzuyu smacked my body lightly in a playful manner. She whined and pouted cutely with her arms folded.

"What a turn off." Tzuyu muttered.

I just chuckled and gave her a long kiss on her pouty lips.

"Don't be so cute." I said, chuckling.

I noticed a pair of cameras and a F1 ground reporter coming up to us.

"Now we have two amazing drivers from the leading F1 team, Tzuyu and Y/N. Y/N, you did amazing on the track even though it's your first time. How did you do it?" The ground F1 reporter asked and pointed the microphone to me.

"My little sweetie pie is the key to winning." I said as I side hugged Tzuyu. She blushed madly while covering her big smile and obvious dimples.

"Awww... How adorable. You two are the cutest couple ever known to mankind." The reported chuckled and we both chuckled back.

Suddenly, Haquah comes from around the corner and storms into my team's garage.

"This is not the end, Y/N. You'll get your ass kicked in the qualifying!" Haquah said and stormed out.

"Woah, are we sensing some shade from Haquah in team Red Bull Racing?" The reporter asked.

"I guess. As you know, Haquah is from the GP2 for four years. I raced alongside him. We didn't like each other one bit. So, I guess we got to work on that relationship." I said with a little chuckle.

"I see... Well, I wish you two the best of luck for the qualifying rounds and the main race itself." The reporter said.

"Thanks." I replied back and the reporter faced back to the camera to do whatever she needed to do.

Me and Tzuyu sat down on a pair of chairs. She then leaned her head in and rested it on my shoulder, wrapping her arms around my side profile.

"Can we do it, baby?" Tzuyu asked as she lifted her head to face me.

I couldn't help myself but to smile and peck those kissable lips. "We will do it. Together."