Chapter 7: The God's Key

The same as last time, everyone began waking up around the guild hall, and noticed the hall was clean thanks to Mira. Eventually everyone was going back to there normal every day activities.

Austin standing at the guild request board: "Hmm... let's see... I kinda wanna take on a solo quest today so let's search out rewards... 10,000J, 15,000J and a free meal, OH! This looks promising!"

Austin swipped the paper and read the request:

Help wanted for the destruction of an evil monster
Location: Hargeon
Help Requested by: Mayor of Hargeon
Reward: 500,000J and Golden Key Necklace
Requesting a Celestial Spirit Mage if possible

"Wow this is perfect! If can keep saving up then I'll be able to afford a place soon! With the money from the first quest and this quest I'll have 600,000J which in turn I would only need 6,400,000 more J to buy a place of my own.

J or Jewel is the common currency in all of Fiore. 100J is equal to $1 in USD. So 6,400,000J would be equal to $64,000 USD.

"Hey Austin, what you got there dude?" Austin spun on his feet to see that Natsu was speaking to him.

"Oh hey Natsu, I was just looking at this request and was just about to talk to Mira in order to leave. It's a solo quest so it's just going to be Bandit and I."

"Woah that sounds awesome! You stay safe out there and call us if you get into any trouble."

"Will do Natsu thanks so much!"

Austin walked over to Mira who was cleaning a glass that someone had recently used.

"Hey Austin what you got there," she asked with a smile.

"I would like to take this solo quest if you would approve it for me."

"Hmm let's see... Wow not bad for a solo quest. Alrighty I'll approve it just be careful out there!"

Mira took out here pen and initialed it to show approval and took the paper from Austin.

"Thanks so much Mira! I'm headed out for Hargeon then."

"Bye Austin stay safe out there kiddo!"

Austin walked out the front doors and Mira thought to herself "Man only a week into the guild and on a solo quest... he is strong indeed."

Meanwhile at the train station

"Wow this place is amazing! This is honestly the cleanest train station I've been to before."

Austin walked over to the train and handed the conductor his ticket and boarded the train. The train ride was long, but peaceful as his dog and him stared out the window in silence looking at the beautiful landscapes. After about an hour they arrived in Hargeon.

"So this is Hargeon hmm? Let's head on over to the Mayor's office and see where this monster is located at."

Bandit and Austin started headed towards the tall mansion on the hill and knocked on the door of the Mayor's house. The door opened to reveal a servant that asked them if they were the ones who accepted the request.

"Yes we are the ones who accepted the Mayor's request. Here is our insignias as proof we are from Fairytail," Austin said with a flash of his hand, and his dogs back.

"Excellent the Mayor is on the second floor to the right first door on the left. Knock before entering if you would please."

"But of course, and thank you so much."

Austin and Bandit walked up the stairs and knocked on the Mayor's door. From behind the door they heard a simple "Come in," and they opened the door.