Chapter 4: The Gathering

The next day after the party, everyone began waking up except one person. The queen drinker herself Cana. Everyone looked around the guild hall and saw it was cleaned up as usual thanks to Mira. People eventually started going back to there normal every day life in the guild.

Today was the day Austin was going on his first quest. It is currently eight in the morning; Lucy and Natsu both decided to stop by Erza's place to introduce her to Austin formally when she returned, and then to Gray's place as well. As they started walking to the door to head off the doors sprung open and Erza and Gray walked in together. As they walked, they saw how tidy the place was since they left for their quest, and also realized Austin and his dog as new faces.

Natsu: "Hey Erza and Gray! We got a new recruit yesterday while you were out, and both him and Lucy dueled to see if he was ready to join or not. As you can see, he has joined and with as much of a strong wizard he is for just starting, Gramps allowed us to have him on the team!"

Erza: "Excellent news! The team needed a fifth wizard in all honesty. So Austin, what magic do you use?"

Austin: "W-Well I use C-Celestial Spirit magic like L-Lucy does."

A silence spread over the five of them. Erza spoke finally after realizing what he had just said.

Erza: "Another Celestial Wizard to the team? That's pretty new to all of us. How did the duel go yesterday Lucy? I presume it wasn't so bad since you've had more training than Austin."

Lucy: "Umm... I kinda had to go with my last resort yesterday and washed the entire stadium out, along with the guild, Austin, and myself. It was pretty upsetting that I had to resolve to her."

Erza chuckled realizing what she meant by last resort and turned to Austin. Just before she spoke, Gray butted in.

Gray: "So the new recruit tied with Lucy? You must be pretty good to do that. My next question is how many spirits did you use Austin?"

Austin: "Just one due to only having one spirit is all..."

Gray astonished replied with a yell: "YOU USED ONLY ONE SPIRIT AND TIED?!"

Austin: "Well I uh..."

Gray: "That is really impressive! You use a whip just like Lucy don't you? Let's see it!"

Erza: "I'm pretty impressed as well Austin, and I'll agree with Gray, let's see your whip."

Austin: "Ok let me get it out."

With the the whip was in his hand, and he jumped up and spun to bring it out. With a quick THUD on the floor, he landed easily and safely.

Erza: "Now that is what I call a whip! Fire with a spike at the end. Can I test its durability?"

Austin: "Uh sure but before you do would you swap into your Lightning Empress Armor  to test it?"

Erza: "Sure thing, I don't know why you want me to but I can do that... REQUIP!"

Erza spun in a circle with her magic circle at her feet and her whole body glowed white. With that her armor changed into her Lightning Empress Armor which defuses electric attacks by 50% of the initial damage.

Erza: "Well just lay it straight on the floor and I swing."

Austin laid the whip down and backed away. Erza swung her spear to cut it, and was shocked just as Lucy's Cancer was when he tried cutting the whip.

Erza: "Ah now I see why you wanted me in this Armor to test its durability. When something attempts to cut it, it shocks whatever was trying to cut it."