Upside Down

I'm falling, like lighting. An eye of the ocean seems further and further. It's cold rays electrifying me, awakening fears in me I didn't know. In this ocean I breathe, in this ocean I feel, in this ocean I fall, fall to a place where there is no home, I'm I ready?

I'm 6 feet under heaven, the ocean above me.
I'm in-between this equilibrium of blue and green, the core of it all but it seems like the reaction is shifting towards the green sea, a place I'm scare I might drown in my realities. This ocean has two eyes. Each one is open at its own time, one gives me light in my darkest hours, the other gives me energy when I need it the most. As I'm falling further away from her I don't feel her burning power anymore, her costelational smile no where to be seen. I know she sees me but she doesn't attempt to save me. I try to grasp the salty cotton candies around me but they go through me. The sea animals with wings who know me by name watch confuse as I fall, like I'm expected to do something, but what? to fly?

The sky was never the limit but the grass here greener under me. The limit to my happiness, the limit to my dreams now sunken into realities. With no tears rolling down her eyes she leaks.every drop landing on me. She looks disappointed and in a voice like thunder I say " I was falling! what did you expect me to do? fly?"
with a voice soft like the wind she replies "no, I expected you to swim".

- Joel Akoto.