I'm ready

It had been a few days later. The hospital was great. I got to know some other patients and got to work with Dr.Weston a little. 

Today I was sitting looking through the files that I had to put away. I heard screaming and shouting and I ran to where it was coming from.

In Abby's room two nurses were there. The one was holding her down and the other had a shaver to her head. Abby was crying and kicking as they did this.

I ran over to the plug and pulled it out. They both looked to me.

"I'll take care of it." I said not believing that I had just done that. They let go of Abby and gave me the shaver giving me a Goodluck as they left.

Abby was crying in the corner of the room covering her head.

I slowly walked over and sat next to her. I could finally see that she had ball-spots as her hair was falling out.

I put my hands up to her arms and pulled them away from her. She looked up to me with tears in her eyes.

"I'm ugly. Shaving my head will only make it worse."

"You are not ugly." I said as a tear fell from my eye.

"LOOK AT ME.MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT."

I knew this was just her way of getting better. She was scared. This was something she wasn't ready for.

I pulled her to me and held her as she cried.

"W-when I-I was a kid I would get compliments on my hair all the time. If that goes what will I have then..."

"Your courage. Your smile. Your eyes. You'll have everything." I said looking at her.

"Your hair doesn't define you. It's yourself that does that. And I promise you that it will all be ok. You just have to trust me." She looked at me as she tried to figure out something to say.

"Your beautiful on the inside and out. Don't let anyone tell you differently. If you want I can start singing the song from Selena Gomez?" She smiled and laughed and I did as well.

Abby looked to the shaver and back to me giving me a nod.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm ready." I quickly got up and grabbed it. I put it on and went over to Where she was sitting.

"One...two...three."

Ryder's P.O.V

The fight was in two days. I had finally left the gym. I was going back after I see Abby though. I Walked into her room and was shocked at what I saw. She was up reading a book and all her hair was gone.

She looked up to me with a bright smile and waved.

"Hey Ryder." I slowly walked to her and looked behind me a few times as I did.

"Wait. Am I seeing things?" She giggled and put her book down.

"You want to feel it?"

"Yeah not going to lie I do." I laughed as she took my hand letting me rub my hand across her newly shaven head.

"When did you do that?" I smiled pulling my hand back.

"It's all because of the new nurse. She talked me into it."

"Who-"

"Abby?" Cole asked walking in and looking as shocked as I was. Soon Abby's smile left her face.

Cole walked closer to her with flowers that he had gotten for her.

"Do you like it?" She asked softly.

"Do I like it? I love it." She looked back to him and her face lit up.

"Really?"

"Yeah Abby I do." She smiled

"Here these are for you." I slowly made my way out and watched as he talked to her. He was good to her so how could I not trust him.

I turned to see Will walking in with a big bare. I laughed as he tried to hold it up.

"This is for the queen he did placing the bare in front of her. She laughed and gave him a hug. 

When he was down he met me out side and we went to the gym to get ready.