Prologue

Midst of Heat.

In a world full of people, full of thoughts, full of judgment. It's impossible to be liked by everyone. If you're too beautiful they'll think of you as a whore. If you're too rich they'll think of you as a cheat. If you're kind they'll think of you as fake. And if you're all of them then you're even more unfortunate.

Why do people crave this thing?
Why do people crave curse?

"I envy average people."

I said as I tasted the cold ice cream in my mouth. Today's weather was horribly warm. I could feel my neck dripping wet with sweat. I swear I wouldn't be staying out here if only dad didn't told us so.

"You— I'm surprised you can say those things. Aren't you embarrassed?" 

I looked up at my brother's troubled expression. Julius was wearing a mask and a cap on his light blue dress shirt and shorts. His eyes were wide open and his hand instinctively scratched the back of his head. I gave him a puzzled expression wondering what he was asking about.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I mean, you envying ugly people." He casually said. My eyes were immediately glued to my brother's face. I know I said horrible things, but he said something even more horrible. I kinda wanted to punch him but then again I'm guilty myself.

"Wala akong sinabi tungkol sa pangit. Ang sabi ko normal na tao. Are you stupid?"

Julius snickered at my complaints and made me wear his cap.

"You nag too much. I was just kidding. Masyado kang hot headed eh. More ice cream?" he smirked.

I just gave him a unpleasant look and ignored him. I really don't know what was going through his underdeveloped mind. I mean, how could he take off his cap? If his identity was to be revealed, the girls would definitely swarm over here.

"And I wouldn't want that. " I unconsciously blurted. It caught my brother's attention, he was staring at me innocently probably thinking what the heck was going on.

"You don't want an extra ice cream?" he stupidly asked.

And for some obvious reason I decided to ignore the annoying guy and just fanned myself to death. I had a feeling that the heat would be the death of me and if this ice cream melt in this heat then I'd probably—

"Dude... your ice cream fell off."

With those few words my eyes went wide. No words came out of my mouth. Things were just too cliche for me to even react. The depressing sigh of shock was the only thing I could do. If deus ex machina means that things went too overly convenient then I must have experienced the opposite.

"Ang bobo mo."

My brother laughed around tapping my shoulders. Clearly at this point he was teasing me. I was irritated but I know he was right so I just gave him a glare to shut him up. Though furthermore, he continued teasing me so I stood up and left him on the bench.

But of course, I need to leave him a souvenir so before leaving, I turned myself around and threw him the popsicle stick and then run away.