Chapter IV

Comfort Zone

His eyes was as dark as the night sky though there was no stars or light can be found in his sky like eyes.

He's so scary that I can feel my body shaking just because he focused those murderous eyes on me. I feel like I'm going to get killed. Please someone help me.

I was petrified by his menacing eyes I couldn't help but to step back but his fit brusque arm pushed me down and his rough hand circled around my neck.

He was choking me to death and I was about to succumb into it.

Sight blackening out, breath getting heavy and arms losing grip. Am I dying?

THUD

A heavy body fell onto me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Naomi's figure behind the body. Her small body was shaking, her breath were  laborious, and her eyes was full of concern. She looked shocked, worried.

The moment I touched her the shaking of her body have stopped. I wanted nothing more but a hug and in that instant I did. I hugged Naomi's warm body and let my eyes gush the tears that I held back for so long. I felt so safe next to her.

"Sorry" she sincerely said. She brushed the back of her hair with her long slender arms and gave a sigh. "Nasira ko ata yung pinto."

For a moment it feelt like the clock itself had stopped at twelve midnight. The eerie sound of silence splashed over the place and I broke the silence with laugh. Who would have thought she would be concerned about such thing. She was like weirdest person I've ever met.

"Sorry." she repeated

I let go of her body and found her red beet face looking at me while covering her mouth with the back of her hand. She's pure adorable.

"I'll call the police" she said to evade my kind of mean laugh.

Honestly, this girl is really something. She made me feel safe at first and now she made me feel better. She made me forget the event 'til the police officers took us in.

At the precinct, Naomi did all the talking. I was too scared to do anything. All I did was nothing but cling onto her. After what happened earlier, my trust to people isn't exactly back yet.

For now, Naomi Kreizen is my only safe place.

"Pwede na kayo umalis. Mag iingat next time ang gaganda niyo pa namang dalaga." says the police officer as we walk out of the precinct.

"Ha-ha-ha. Opo opo. Salamat ho." Naomi said with a forced smile and a bit tired look.

Her complexion doesn't look too well. She was a bit pale and her eyes looked tired. I suddenly felt guilty so I let go of her arms and stopped.

Naomi, probably feeling a bit hollow from the sudden loss of human heat, looked back at me.

"I'm sorry." I guiltily said as I looked down on my feet in shame. The anxieties of causing trouble on her were eating me alive. I don't ever want to cause her any trouble.

"I'm sorry kung nadamay ka pa sa problema ko lalo na't gabing-gabi na."

"I'm sorry kung na ikaw pa ang kumausap at nag-explain sa mga pulis para sakin."

"Naomi I'm sorry talaga! you can slap me for such a trouble"

"..." I felt Naomi walked closer to me. I closed my eyes to ready myself for the upcoming pain but no pain has come. Instead, I felt Naomi's head near me as if she was leaning to reach the level of my face.