Chapter 3

Jin stares at the angel with wide eyes. What did Taehyung mean?

"My father... did what?"

Taehyung takes Jin's hand and leads him out of the kitchen. As they stepped through the hallway, Jin can still hear the muffled talking of his parents.

The door shuts behind them and Jin looked forward again. Taehyung is illuminated by the moon, and Jin didn't even have to use much of his imagination to picture a pair of transparent white wings on the angel.

"When you left the world, I felt that it wasn't fair," Taehyung says. His breath comes out into  puffs in the cold air. "I felt so enraged afterwards, I had to confront Jungkook."

Jin leans against the door. He isn't sure how he's going to handle this. To learn what Taehyung is going to accuse his father of doing.

"I found him, and I didn't even think twice..."

(Flashback)

All Taehyung saw was red when he saw Jeon Jungkook. The man was sitting, playing around harmlessly with a small dagger.

Seokjin had passed a night ago and now it is time for Taehyung to give Jungkook what he deserves.

"I'll kill him," he muttered as he approaches his previous friend.

Jungkook is taken by surprise when Taehyung suddenly punched him. They both fell to the ground and Taehyung kept punching the younger's face.

"YOU CAUSED THIS!!"

Jungkook managed to catch one fist, saving him from another hit. His jaw ached and his lips was bleeding. Heavy breaths left him but besides that, he couldn't reply back to Taehyung even if he wanted to.

"You-"

Taehyung didn't finish his sentence as he yanks his hand out of Jungkook's hold and began to wrap both hands around the other's neck.

Jungkook struggled to release himself but couldn't do anything. He was starting to run out of air after some time...

Taehyung thought that this will be the end of the man until-

Blood started to soak into his shirt.

Jungkook feels the hands around his neck loosen and takes the opportunity to kick Taehyung onto his back.

He watches the man cough. Jungkook then walks over slowly.

Taehyung has been stabbed by Jungkook. Still, he wouldn't give up so easily. Through the pain, he pulls the dagger out of himself. Jungkook watches as he stumbles to stand properly.

"You... you'll pay for this," Taehyung gurgles. He tries to swing the weapon into Jungkook but fails. He falls into the man's chest instead.

"Goodbye, hyung."

Taehyung feels another stab in his stomach.

(End of Flashback)

Jin gasps when Taehyung collapses. The angel lay on the porch without moving.

"H-Hey! Taehyung-ah!" he tries to pick the angel up but panics when his hands went through him, as if he's transparent.

This is the first time something like this is happening. Even though others can't see, touch, or hear Taehyung, Jin could. Except for now, when he can't feel the angel's soft skin.