Chapter 1

I'm trying to take in everything about this place, like how I had the perfect view of the city on one side and if I simply turned around I had the view of Madison square garden. Something that not a lot of people have the privilege to have.

About how this is the only place I'd called home because its the only place where my family had once been complete. Literally. Standing in front of the picture of my mother and my father holding me in their arms on my seventh birthday I decide to leave it, maybe, just maybe the new family coming in can make it their home too.

No other place would ever be like this one to me. Just thinking about all the memories I had here and how i would be leaving this place made me sad.

I know mother wouldn't have been happy either since she loved this loft since the moment she first stepped into it with my father and their realtor before I was even born.

I pictured her walking in through that door. A beautiful 23 year old, sighing at how wonderful the view was. My father had always told me my mother appreciated beautiful things that is after all why she married him, he joked.

This would be the last time I would ever be inside of this loft because even though we would be able to afford paying for it while we lived in Colorado, there'd be a lot of people who would ask for this place since it had one of the cities best views. I sighed as I picked up my bag from the counter, hoping to stay and treasure every last second I had in the place.

As much as I'd complained about this place I grew fond of it. I had always thought it was much too luxurious and flashy and that father had been wasting a fortune on it for no reason, I deep down always loved how cozy it had felt. It felt as if my mother was still there, as if her perfume was still in the air from the last time she had been here, years ago. Slowly pulling over my bag over my head I sighed, I'm was sure as hell going to miss this place.

"The taxi's here!" I heard Nanna Carrie call from outside "Hurry out!"

"I'm going!" I yelled as I close the door to the loft.

Taking one last look at our building, I hop into the cab next Nanna Carrie and her "lucky vase" as she likes to call it, on her lap, safe and secure.

"Did you seriously not trust the moving guys with that vase Nanna"

"No of course not, what if they drop it or damage it in any way possible, it would loose its luck. And what would it be needed for then?"

"Its just a vase Nanna." I say looking at it. It was an ordinary white vase with blue floral on it.
Yeah it was really prety but it was nothing special.

"Its lucky, believe me." whispers Nanna more like to herself rather than saying it to me.

"Ok Nanna, maybe you can give me some of the that luck and I can get lucky enough to get a call from dad right now saying we don't have to move anymore."

"Dont be sad about it honey, its a new start, nothing to feel sad about. you'll see." Nanna Carrie says as we pass some tour bus full of people with almost with their face out the window. Nyc is a wonderful place but ive been here long enough that all the places the tourist come to see are just ordinary to me.

"I know, and im excited" I lie and look out into the city "Its just that im going to miss it"

As we pass all my favorite places in the city like the little cafe near the music store with the really cute worker named Kyle. I mentally make a note to myself to come back to visit as soon as possible. It is my home after all, the only place I know like the back of my hand.

I look over to see Nanna Carrie looking out the window with the biggest smile on her face. In a way I think nanna is way more excited about leaving than I am. Which I don't understand since we have to spend our time unpacking for the next couple of weeks.