shattered future

9 years ago

Kali and I arrive fom the mall and I can't believe how amazing the house looks.The place looks amazing  there's confetti everywhere and oh my word there's a piñata at my birthday party a piñata for crying out loud.I scream all the way to my parents.

          "Mum,dad piñata,piñata" I'm jumping up and down happily.

         "Yh hunny we got you a piñata also and we don't have to ask you if you love it we've had an evidence of it already" my mum replies.

    "Ooooh piñata can I break it" Kali asks .She's trying to annoy me I know for sure.

         "No Kalisha it's for your sister it's her birthday. You're too old for this anyway."

       "Yh I know I was just trying to annoy Kira that's all".

         Yh I knew it.

" Kira go get dressed it's almost time for your party" my mum shoos me to my room.

     "Mum I'm going to my friend's place" my sister says.

"No way young lady you're helping me with your sister's birthday party and that's final."

     "Oh come on mum I'm too old to be here" my sister replies in a very sad tone.

   "I don't care you ain't going anywhere" upon hearing that my sister mumbles some things in a low tone and moves to the kitchen.

         I finally make it to my room and take a quick shower.I put on my dress with my matching heels and complete my look with my tiara.My sister walks into my room and gives me a look that makes me do a double take at myself.

      "You look awful girl" she finally breaks her silence.Oh so that's what the look is all about.

"Here let's do something about you before you disgrace yourself in front of everyone."

   I quietly sit on my bed and she takes off the tiara.She braids my hair and applies a little makeup on my face. She finally places the tiara back on my head and I feel nervous it's my first time.I look at myself in the the mirror and I gasp at the image in front of me.I look pretty ,I never Imagined that I could look this pretty.

     "Thanks Kali".

     " Sure thing.Don't get it twisted but I did it for your crush"she giggles as she leaves my room.

    "Kiraaaa" my two best friends barge into my room.

   "Kira your dress looks amazing" Richeal gushes

"And the makeup is nice" sofia adds.

   "Aww thanks guys for making it to my party".

    " Are you kidding we wouldn't trade it for anything in this world it's our best friend's birthday ".

    " Lets go people are waiting for you downstairs ". 

We make it downstairs and I see my friends with their parents all waiting for me. I scan their Smiling faces and I feel disappointed. Jake didn't make it I thought he said he'll come.I fake a smile and move down stairs with my friends.My mum and dad kiss my head and they all sing happy birthday for me and I blow my candles.My wish is that Jake should make it to my party. I open my eyes only to see Jake and his parents. I smile at him and he smiles back but the smile doesn't reach his eyes why is something wrong. I look at his parents and they kind of look disguted.Well I'm scared cos Jake's parents are really rich and it looks like the party doesn't reach their expectations.

           I push that thought away and go to my friends who are playing I happily join them in the game.Jake walks towards me and I can feel that something is really wrong. He has something behind him and I feel really curious.I walk towards him and we stare at each other for a while.He finally speaks to break the silence.

              " Erm Kira I wouldn't be staying for long cos my parents want to leave.Eerm I got you this diary hope you like it,I'm so sorry I can't stay for long."

       He gives me a sad look and I feel he wants to say more.

"Erm Jake do you want to say something you know you can tell me".

     He gives a huge sigh and I know there is trouble.

" My parents are taking me to England and I don't know when I'll be back ".

  Oh so that was the problem he's leaving me.I really want to cry but I muster courage and give him a huge smile.

" Aww Jake I'm so happy for you ".We were speaking when his parents walk over to us,his father grabs Jake by the shoulder and he says something that makes me feel like I've been pierced with a sharp knife.

        " Jake let's go ,you won't be seeing her in a very long time.We can't allow anything to grow between the two of you especially with her kind."

     He gives me a deadly stare and drags Jake away.His wife follows suite.Jake looks at me for the last time and he turns away.I feel the tears flowing down my cheeks and I just can't stop them.My best friends walk over to me and ask me what's going on.I try to answer them but my voice just couldn't come out right now.I run to my room and lock the door.I move to my bed and cry my heart out I feel neglected.His parents had no right to speak to me that way it was so unfair.Why is this world so cruel the rich always think they are bossesI wipe away my tears  smudging the make up all over my face I ignore it and encourage myself even more. I will never allow anyone to speak to me that way never.I place my head on my pillow and I finally drift to sleep.

          Yh guys I hope you are enjoying the story please don't forget your votes and comments are really needed. Xoxo Richeal Aku.