CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE; SHUT UP AND LET ME KISS YOU

chapter twenty-one
( mermaid )

        ODEYA STARED out the window while watching the light switch from green to red as soon as she stopped

ODEYA STARED out the window while watching the light switch from green to red as soon as she stopped. She slammed on the breaks and slightly fell forward, an uncomfortable silence broke out as Derek watched her, unable to look away.

"Odeya what happened back there?" Derek questioned concerned.

Odeya sighed, wanting to look into his eyes but not being able too, knowing if she did she'd be drawn into his forest green puppy dog eyes. "Lauren killed some people. They burned her house down with her family in it but she still murdered five people" she explained rambling, "She didn't even sound remorseful while explaining it to me, Derek. Somethings different, she's changed" she admitted.

She let out a big breath after rambling, seeing him roll his eyes, annoyed for the first time they had met. "Everyone changes Odeya. I mean literally I've been aged backward and you've turned into a mermaid within this year only. And come on you know she feels horrible" Derek tried justifying.

Odeya stayed silent, worried if she spoke either he'd yell at her or they'd both end up yelling at each other, she couldn't lose to people she cared about tonight. Guilt consumed her after mentioning Lauren's family, first because it was still a sore subject for Derek and second because she knew Lauren didn't mean to. At least she hoped she didn't mean to. But she had been surrounded yet so much death it suffocated her. 

Derek smiled concerned, placing his hand on hers which was on the armrest, piling his on top of her and intertwining their fingers.

Odeya smiled for the first time that day, squeezing his arm tightly before the light turned green and they broke apart, driving through the intersection.

・。・゜★・。・。☆・゜

ODEYA AND Derek pulled up to a parking lot in front of a beach nearby, confusion took over Derek's face as he waited for the car to shut off. "Aren't we getting ice cream?" he questioned.

Odeya shrugged with a big sigh, unbuckling her seatbelt, "I said we were because if I told Stiles I was going for a swim he would make sure I didn't go. Especially after the Iceland Snake incident" she paused. "You don't have to come if you don't want to but I really need to clear my head" she rushed out after.

Derek nodded in acceptance, stepping out of the car before she could "I guess I'm going for a swim too then" he decided with a grin.

Odeya chucked, "I'll go slow for you" she mocked.

Derek rolled his eyes dramatically as they walked to the line of the beach where the lake began, he slowly took off his shirt and jeans, throwing them beside him no longer caring if it got covered in sand.