Chapter 4

Connection

We went to the nearest Starbucks at The Fort. We sat outside since we're both smokers. I ordered a frappe while hers is a coffee jelly.

I paid for it then after getting our orders, we went to the vacant table with two chairs. Good thing, the location of this Starbucks branch is not totally crowded. Less vehicles. Less people.

Before sipping to her coffee, she lit a cigarette which is a black Marlboro then look at me.

"This is odd. I'm a writer, but a scenario like this is surreal." She said.

"What do you mean?" I'm confused.

"Nah. Nevermind." She looked away.

Okay. I don't want to ask her about what she said. Then I grab my pack of cigarettes on my pocket and lit one.

"It doesn't suit you." She commented.

"Why?"

"You're like a decent man with a gigantic level of wealth and authority."

"Well, I'm not." I think this was her first impression towards me.

I looked away and made a puff. "Havning this life doesn't mean I'm near perfect. I'm an asshole Antoine."

She didn't say a thing.

"I've always wanted to work with your company."

"Really?"

She made a sip on her coffee. even the way she holds her cup is too sexy for me. I'm being weird as well. 

"Yes." She paused. "But I think working with you will complicate it."

I looked at him wide eyed.