Chapter 2

Drugged

It's been a week of stress and headache. I've been handling lately our publishing company which features and publish the top magazines of the country. Deadlines are everywhere and it's such a huge pile of work.

I sigh. Mia, my secretary went in.

"Here's your coffee Sir. By the way, the applicant for EA will arrive in 5 minutes. Maam Norma's not around, so you'll be the one to interview her-

"What the hell Mia? I'm currently checking all of the Editor's note for our 15 issues." I scold her. I'm way too busy. This stuff needs to be finished before 5 pm.

"I know that Sir, if only I can do the interview, but I'm busy fixing your appointments for the next two weeks."

I sigh deeply. "Okay send her in after 5 minutes. You may go out."

Mia went out then I stood up and look at the glass window. Busy vehicles are crowding the highway. It's like 38 degree celsius outside. It's already Friday and after 5, I'm out for some relaxation. I'm damn frustrated at the same time since the girl I've met last Saturday was like nowhere to be found. I went to back to the bar last Wednesday only to find out she's not there. Guess I'm excited for tomorrow. Probably, I'll be seeing her again.

I loosened my tie, sit on my chair then grab the coffee on my table. I sit onto it and it made me feel good somehow.

Then I heard the door opened and it showed Mia with the applicant. And I'm shocked. This is indeed a lucky day.

"Sir Andrei, this is Miss Antoine Marie Gonzaga." Mia said.

Shock was written into the girl's face. I'm flattered since it's like she remember me.

Then she smiled at me. "Good Afternoon Mr. Montalban."

I saw Mia left us then I motioned Antoine to take a seat. Unique name with a gorgeous face.

She sat at the chairin front of my table. I curl my lips because of happiness and excitement.

She frowned then I looked at her resume on my table. Judging her background, she's really impressive.

She's really into Journalism since she's been writing on their school newspapers since Elementary.

"You're a Literary Editor back in highschool and college?" I asked.

"Yes." And her voice sounded like an angel.

"I'm quite impressed. Women with talent like this are intelligent ones. But then, this is more of dealing with the clients, production stuff and less written works. Can you keep up with that?" I raise my left eyebrow.

"Yes." She said straight.

"Okay. I don't need to interview you further since this is only for formality, I know you won't reach this one if you're not qualified and since your resume says it all. Since the HR Manager is not around, Mia will discuss to you the compensation, contract signing and the benefits."

"Thank you." She said smiling.

"Hmmm. Okay. By the way, most likely you'll be spending more time with me. Ready yourself then. I'm strict, perfectionist and quite bossy most of the time. I hope you can keep up."

"Not a problem. Thank you again." She stood up then I was able to check her body in daylight. Damn those curves. Then she extended her right hand and shake hands with me. She walked away while her hair is like dancing in the air.

Oh God, I'm going crazy! I'm not Edward Cullen, but I'm like drugged and her name is Antoine.