0.8

Faith’s P.O.V.

It was the day of the first show on the American tour. We were all sitting backstage. Luke’s mum, Liz, flew out to America to join the tour team.

I was pretty close with Liz. She was like my second mum. Whenever I was at their house, she would always pester Luke about how she wanted him to marry me because she liked me so much and because all the girls he’s dated weren’t the best girls to bring home to your parents.

Liz wasn’t very surprised I was dating Ashton. She thought we fit well together as a couple. It was nice of her to say that. Slowly, I was starting to like Ashton more and more. I sure hoped that it would soon turn into love. Love so big that it can overpower any feelings I have for Luke.

Luke and I haven’t spoken since our talk the morning he found out I was dating Ash. It just proved that he wasn’t worth my time. Plus it convinced me that he doesn’t like me. That pushed me to try even harder in my relationship with Ashton.

I was on a couch sitting next to Ashton. He had his hands in his lap and he was tapping his foot. He was nervous, I could tell. I put my hand on his and he stopped tapping his foot. He looked at me and smiled.

"Do you wanna go on a walk?" I asked. He nodded. We both stood up from the couch. I felt Luke’s glare on us as we walked out of the room.

We walked through the halls backstage. Ashton wasn’t really paying any attention to me. He was zoned out, trying to calm his nerves. I grabbed his hand. I intertwined our fingers. I stopped walking and he stopped soon after. I wrapped my arms around his torso and nuzzled my face into his chest. I could feel his body relax in my arms.

"You’re gonna do great tonight, Ash." I said to calm him down. I felt him kiss the top of my head and rub my back.

"What would I do without you?" He asked. I giggled and stepped back so I could look into his eyes. He cupped my cheek in his hand and smiled.

His lips met mine. It was a soft, sweet kiss. It was nice. Our lips separated and he rested his forehead on mine. He was about to kiss me again when I heard a door slam. I whipped my head towards the direction of the sound. I saw Luke walking the other way. I sighed and shook my head.

"Go and see if he’s alright." Ashton told me. I gave him a questioning look. "I know you’re mad at him, but he’s your best friend. He needs you right now."

I thought about it. Ashton was right. Luke’s my best friend. As much as he’s been pissing me off lately, I have to be there for him. I gave Ashton a quick peck on the lips and started walking towards where Luke was. I turned a corner and saw him still walking. I started to jog to try and catch him.

"Luke!" I shouted. He stopped and turned around. His cold glare found my eyes. I don’t know why, but I felt scared. I’ve never seen him like this. His eyes soon softened and he walked towards me. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight.

It felt nice to be in his arms. It felt even more nice to not have that feeling I used to have. The feeling like I loved him. It was still there, but it wasn’t as extreme as before. I was starting to fall out of love with him, and that’s what I’ve needed.

"I’m sorry, Faith." Luke whispered. I let go of him and gave him a questioning look. "I’ve been such an asshole to you because you’re dating Ashton. I should be happy for you, but I-" He stopped. It was like he couldn’t think of the words he needed to say.

"It’s hard seeing me give my attention to someone else." I said. I knew what that felt like. He looked into my eyes and nodded. He wrapped his arms around me again.

"Why did you storm out of the dressing room?" I asked. Luke let go of me and shrugged a little.

"I didn’t really like seeing you try and calm Ashton down. You would always do that with me before shows." I frowned a little.

"Luke, just because I’m calming Ashton down doesn’t mean I can’t calm you down either." He looked down at the ground and nodded. I wrapped my arm around his torso. "You’re my best friend I couldn’t forget you." Luke smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

Everything felt right again. I had my best friend back and I had a great boyfriend. My life was starting to fit together. We let go of each other and went back to the dressing room. Ashton was sitting on the couch with his drum sticks in his hands. He looked up at us and smiled. I looked over at Luke and to my surprise, he was smiling back at him.

"Hey, you guys it's time to go." Calum said. Ashton came over towards us and grabbed my hand. I walked with the boys to the back of the stage where you could hear their fans chanting '5SOS.'

I gave Calum and Michael a goodluck hug and then turned to Luke. He looked so nervous.

"Hey." I said as I nudged him. He looked into my eyes and smiled. We held each other close. "You got this, Luke. You've done this plenty of times." He let go of me and smiled. He walked over towards Michael and Cal leaving me and Ashton.

I wrapped my arms around Ashton's neck and brought him down to kiss me. I felt him hold onto my waist. "Go kick some ass for me." I mumbled against his lips. He laughed and kissed me again. We let go of each other and he went over to the boys.

They did their little pep talk to get each other pumped. They broke away from ther huddle and ran on stage. The crowd was going crazy. Ashton started the beat to 'Good Girls' and Michael, Calum, and Luke followed with the guitar and bass part soon after.

These boys were so unbelievably talented and I'm so happy to say that their my best friends and that one of them is my boyfriend.