I wish I could believe that

"Anything wrong big brother?" Jenny said as she popped out of the chute. Robbie cocked his head to the sound of her voice and stood from his chair.
"No. I'm fine." Robbie said lying through his teeth. Jenny gave him a sarcastic look, "Okay, then I guess that squawking I heard was you trying to sing opera?" she joked. Robbie stuck out his tongue. "You know, the ladies don't go for all those crazy faces you make."
"Why are you here? Why aren't you with Sportafrapp?"
"Will you please stop calling him names? He's going to be your brother in law in a few months and he has picked you to be the best man...imagine that."
"Don't remind me. Do I really have to wear this ridiculous costume you have chosen for me?" Robbie held up the slick black pin striped suit, Robbie gave it one look and gagged. Jenny crossed her arms, "I can't see why not, you do like wearing ridiculous costumes." she said pointing to his tube closet.
"Those are disguises. There's a difference."
"Says the man with a Yeti get-up in his closet."
Robbie grunted out of frustration and threw the suit onto one of his lab tables. Jenny sat onto his chair and looked up at him, "Tell your sister what is wrong."
"I shall never confess to you what is wrong. You have conformed." he said crossing his arms.
"You know, last time we talked you had no objection with me marrying Sportacus. Why is it such a big deal now?"
"You know me Jenny, I never liked him. He...moves around too much." Robbie looked at his sister who was not buying into his little excuse at all. "I'm a Rotten, Jenny. Can you expect anything else from a lonely old sap like me?" he confessed. Jenny looked at him and gave him a smile, "Robbie, you're going to be fine. You always have been. You're not an old sap, you're only twenty six."
"I know. I'm just so afraid that I'll be like this for the rest of my life...making inventions that make no sense at all."
"Robbie, stop feeling sorry for yourself. Do you know what I see? I see a pretty well dressed man who can snag any lady if he wanted to...there's someone out there for everyone, even for Robbie Rotten."
"I wish I could believe that."
"Have you met Ziggy's sister yet? She is a single woman."
"No!" Robbie was a terrible liar to his sister and with that word, she raised an eyebrow.
"Well, I shall see to it that you meet her. She's quite the catch, if you like the country." Jenny said inconspicuously.
"Jenny please don't-"
"I insist on you meeting her, she seems like a nice and wholesome girl. I think you would like her very much." Jenny then climbed back up the chute, waving goodbye to her brother. Robbie was exhausted, the stress from his niceness and the frustration with talking to his sister gave his nerves a fray. He then plopped onto his chair but it tipped all the way back and he landed on the floor.
"Ouch!"

art writing your story