five.

"Do you have any sunscreen in your car?"

Looking up at Lennon as I hammer something together, I furrow my eyebrows and ask, "Sunscreen?"

"Yeah," she says looking at her pale arms. "I think I'm getting burnt out here."

"Well no shit, you're about as pale as my ass."

Lennon blushes at this as she hides her face and looks down at her hands. Was probably unnecessary to say but it's true. She's pale as can be and looks as if she's never stepped outside a day in her life.

"Well I usually have a lot of sunscreen on but I was in a rush this morning."

I raise my eyebrows, confused as I say, "You said you don't work until 11."

"Yeah but I wanted to make sure you settled in and got in okay and everything," she says her legs crossed under her as she plays with her long blonde hair.

This brings me back to the taunting idea of being babysat. Regardless of her intentions, I don't like the thought that she felt she needed to make sure I got in okay the second I got here. 

"I'm not a child, I can get settled in perfectly fine on my own."

"I know," she says sweetly, as if fearful she offended me. "I just didn't want you to feel alone. I'm sure it gets lonely out here and-"

"I prefer no company," I say, hammering loudly against a nail.

I don't know if this is true or not because as annoying as Lennon is, having someone out here with me makes the day go by a bit quicker. Especially as I'm not taunted by my own thoughts and have nothing but the sound of children ringing in my ear. 

"Oh," Lennon says, seeming taken aback by my comment. I don't pay attention, keep my back towards her. "Do you want me to leave?"

"You're already here, aren't you?" I ask, looking over my shoulder briefly to see her sat comfortably on the grass.

Lennon seems to take this as enough of an answer and just shrugs her shoulders while showing no intentions of leaving.  Her long fingers start picking flowers from the ground and collecting them in her lap, making herself even more comfortable. I turn back around, not interested in the paying attention to whatever she's doing as I shake my head to myself. 

Lennon is definitely a strange girl, stranger than most girls our age. Then again, she volunteers at a foster home so that's enough of a sign.

"Do you even have any friends?" I ask considering she mentioned earlier that she didn't. I didn't know if that was an exaggeration or if she had friends but none in the area. 

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have any friends. After all, she practically lives her.

"Depends what you define as friends."

I continue to hammer, holding the nail in place while explaining, "People you get drunk with, go out to clubs with, go to parties with, hang out with, do anything but volunteer at a foster home with."

I look over my shoulder once more, watching her keep her gaze down while tucking a loose strand of her long hair behind her ear.

"I don't really do any of that, so no, I guess I don't."

This grabs my attention as part of me isn't surprised. Of course she doesn't have a social life, I guess I could've guessed that much.

"You don't like to get drunk?"

She shakes her head and says, "Well, I've never tried... like I said, I don't really have anyone to do it with."

I can't help but want to know more about how she possibly has never been drunk in her life, "Do you want to try?"