The Kings Of Lucis

Prompto still blushed pink and his freckles became more prominent. The two walked in silence for a while, the city growing taller than them. They took their surroundings in, an unreal moment of both euphoria and dysphoria. The moment was happy, warming and the two will never forget this night, but it was so dreamy and unreal as if they ceased to exist.

"You know what this reminds me of?" Noctis spoke, his voice soothing to the soul.

"Hmm... What?" Prompto replied, his voice fluffy too.

"Blade Runner." He smiled looking up at the stars and lights of the city.

Prompto looked at him and smiled. The prince was outlined with a blue hue from the cafe they walked by.

"This is dreamy."

The city was still alive, but many were sleeping and heading to bed. No people on the streets and only the occasional car drove slowly. In the distance, the huge figures were emerging.

"Is that it there?" Prompto pointed and got excited.

"You bet it is."

Their pace quickened as they crossed the street. Prompto looked up at the stone statues nearly the size of the biggest skyscrapers.

"These are my ancestors. Ancestors this is Prompto." Noct giggled, playfully introducing Prompto to the statues.

Prompto played along and bowed in respect.
"It's like that moment you introduce your girlfriend of boyfriend to the whole family. Terrifying apparently."

"Never had one. Why, Is that your way of trying to say Something?" Noct smiled.

"Me? No! I was just saying it was 'like'. And no... I've never been in a relationship." Prompto rubbed his neck.

"You'll find someone bud." Noct winked, rubbing Prompto's shoulder.

An awkward laugh was released from Prompto.

"Anyway. These are the Kings of Lucis. Much more powerful than my dad and I. As time goes one, the magic weakens I guess." Noct looked at his body in comparison to the old kings.

"Maybe you haven't found your true power yet."

"Maybe."

The two began walking alongside the Kings. Looking up at them in their glory.

"The weapons they wield get passed down through generations. One day I will wield them all." Noct raised his hand as if he was pulling out a weapon.

"That's pretty cool. Your ancestors were awesome."

"Not all of them. Some were betrayers to the family line and now it has engraved in their name, even after death."

"What do you mean?"

"Somnus Lucis Caelum. The first king and strongest of them all. He was great and chosen to be the king of light, but there is a darker story. It was told he had a brother who grew jealous of his power. The brother like many decided to rebel as no one had even heard of a king of light, they didn't understand why it was needed. The scarscourge was created after the brothers grew older and stronger until magically, after the scourge broke out and demons began infecting the earth, the younger brother went missing. The guardsmen and the country searched for him, but he was no where to be found. He went by the name of 'Izunia' and stayed off the grid for a while until he found a way to overthrow his brother from the throne. That's when a misfortunate event happened. Izunia became infected with the star scourge and a curse placed upon him. He was now immortal. The disease took over him, plaguing every part of his living being, but it was also his blessing. He was now stronger than Somnus." Noct explained.